Position: Project On-Track Literacy Academic Tutor (Part Time, Unicoi County Middle School)
- Minimum of high school diploma
- Professional Responsibilities: Tutors are responsible for leading small literacy groups that address the needs and goals of their students. Tutors should use a variety of soft skills and academic knowledge to support assigned students.
Salary: Based on Education Level
- Licensed/Certified Teachers: $35 per hour (no benefits)
- Bachelor’s Degree: $30 per hour (no benefits)
- High School Diploma: $20 per hour (no benefits)
The following functions are normal for this position. These functions are not exclusive or all inclusive as other duties may be required and assigned.
- Participate in professional trainings for instructional platforms and materials to be used with students
- Familiarize yourself with resources provided by Project On-Track in Canvas
- Design tutoring sessions based on Project On-Track training and protocols; follow all expected ratios and lesson plans
- Prepare supporting materials prior to tutoring sessions
- Possess time management skills so that tutored students may accomplish their goals (finish a lesson each day in Amplify; complete a mini-routine each day in grades 6-8)
- Assess students’ progress throughout tutoring sessions (progress monitor on day 8 of each 10-day lesson set in Amplify)
- Provide students with positive and constructive feedback
- Access progress reports and provide progress updates to parents/ core teachers twice per semester, coinciding with district reporting
- Maintain confidentiality regarding student information
- Maintain a quiet and orderly workspace for students within the tutoring area
- Manage program equipment and materials; communicate needs to site coordinator
- Monitor and maintain student participation and attendance throughout the sessions; record attendance at the beginning of each session
- Check email,
, to ensure that program updates and communications are reviewed and addressed in a timely manner; complete requests thoroughly in a timely manner
- Tutors should actively seek help from the literacy specialist whenever they require assistance with learning routines or platforms
* Other duties may be assigned by Project On-Track Site Coordinator.
Temperament (Personal Traits):
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so assigned.
- Approved applicants must hold proper credentials and certification.
- Applicants who meet certification/endorsement requirements may be interviewed for open positions.