Job title: Systems Sustainment Engineer – Hybrid
Company: Raytheon Technologies
Job description: Date Posted: 2022-10-25-07:00
Country: United States of America
Location: MA101: Andover MA 350 Lowell St Essex 350 Lowell Street Essex, Andover, MA, 01810 USA
Position Role Type: Unspecified
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, by combining our vast resources and investments we are able to dedicate ourselves to solving mission-level vs. product-level customer challenges – together we can anticipate more, move faster and make a bigger impact on the big picture.
Whole Life Engineering (WLE) is responsible for ensuring our products are Safe, Reliable, Maintainable and delivered on time. WLE consists of multiple disciplines that support engineering, our program offices and our customers. Our WLE disciplines participate in the total life cycle of our products from conception to deactivation. Our focus area is product support, including the following disciplines: Reliability System Safety and Supportability.
Whole Life Engineering seeks a Systems Sustainment Engineer based out of Andover, MA. In this role, you will be involved in all aspects of system sustainment. You will also be responsible executing tasks in the areas of Integrated Logistics Support (ILS), Sustainment Analysis, and Sustainment Planning. This will include tasks such technical documentation, spares analysis, provisioning support, training, reliability analysis, and system safety.
We value diverse skills and experience, so don’t hold back. Your qualifications could add tremendous value to our team. Our customers come from all different backgrounds, and so do our employees. If you’re passionate about what you could accomplish here, we’d love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Provide general engineering support and product sustainment activities for developmental and legacy programs
- Assist with definition and promotion of technical strategies for long-term product sustainment via such tasks as reliability analysis and system safety analysis
- Act as a liaison with all engineering disciplines, such as Systems, Electrical, Mechanical, Test, Materials and Processes, and Structural design functions
- Assist with supportability analyses and provide recommendations for long term product support, including but not limited to spares recommendations, maintenance procedure updates, and parts and materials substitutions as needed
- Assist with updating and development technical documentation and training material
- Ensure the technical integrity, suitable quality, and adherence to standards of the ISS products produced for Logistics, Provisioning, Field Support, Intermediate Level Maintenance, and Depot Level Maintenance through engagement in peer reviews, program reviews, design reviews, failure review boards, investigation teams, and working groups
Domestic & International travel may be required (approximately 10% domestic and 5% international)
This is a HYBRID role, with work both onsite and remote. Commuting costs to and from the Andover facility are the responsibility of the incumbent.
Qualifications You Must Have:
Typically Requires: Bachelor’s Degree and 2+ years of relevant experience OR with an Associate’s Degree 4 years of relevant experience is required In absence of a degree, 6 years of relevant experience is required.
- Experience in engineering, logistics, sustainment, reliability, support plans, system fielding, proposals, integration, or life cycle management
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance. US citizenship is required as only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Qualifications We Value:
- System thinking
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to work with team members
- Writing technical documents
- An understanding of the use of the Technical Data Package (drawings, parts lists, interface control documents, and electrical schematics)
- Familiarity with factory operations, procedures and depot flow activities
- Experience working with US Military programs
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Broad knowledge of Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) processes, including sustainment and supportability principles and concepts
What We Offer: Whether you are just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits on offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Additional Details: This job is posted internally as: Engineer II, Systems Engineering
This requisition is ERIP Eligible. Employee Referral Award Eligibility: Only employees currently within RMD and RI&S have the potential to receive a Referral Award for submitting a referral to RMD and RI&S roles. ALL eligibility requirements must be met to receive the Referral Award.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this to read the Policy and Terms
Location: Andover, MA – Essex, MA
Job date: Wed, 23 Nov 2022 05:00:38 GMT