Job title: Parent and Family Advocate
Company: Greeley-Evans School District 6
Job description: Additional salary credit may be given for internal transfers and recent Greeley-Evans School District 6 rehires, up to $29.39 per hour plus benefits
Contract Length/ Days: (2022-2023/ 204 Days)
Benefits: We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as other programs for benefit-eligible employees. The employee assistance program, voluntary life insurance through PERA, and 401(k), 403(b) & 457(b) plans are available to all employees regardless of hours worked and are available immediately (upon hire date). To learn more about our benefits, please see our
Paid Leave: Depending on your position, the District offers a variety of leave options, including sick leave, discretionary leave, vacation and paid holidays. More information about leave options available to Classified employees can be found in the .
Reports To: Family Center Coordinator
Deadline for application: Until Filled
- Associates Degree, equivalent educational experience, or equivalent work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
Responsible for supporting the needs of the student population in order to ensure that all children and youth have equitable access to a free and appropriate public education, including a public preschool education. This position also guarantees the delivery of mandated services to facilitate student attendance; assess students and families for eligibility; interpret laws relating to students; work as a team member to develop intervention strategies; provide case management; monitor student progress; and make referrals. This position also acts as a resource to school staff and conducts related training.
- Work with students and families to navigate the enrollment process in the areas of school registration and transportation.
- Identify academic need and provide support and resources to overcome any and all barriers.
- Provide awareness and advocacy on immigrant needs, forums, and workshops within the community.
- Assist with administrative policies, procedures, documents, and data.
- Work with the Greeley-Evans School District 6 office managers, counselors, and administrators on proper identification, procedures, tagging and providing services for students and families enrolled in the Families in Transition program.
- Communicate with parents: newsletters, phone calls, parent teacher conferences, etc.
- Conduct parent meetings on how to help their children to learn and give them strategies they can implement at home
Knowledge, Skills, and Mental Ability
- Knowledge and skills sufficient to perform all duties of the position.
- Prefers leadership situations relating to meeting the social, emotional, psychological and academic needs of students.
- Prefers a work environment where flexibility, ability to deal with conflict, a high tolerance for stress, an ability to quickly internalize information and make informed decisions, and long hours are a part of the assignment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Regular attendance is required for this position.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Work Environment/ Physical Demands:
Ability to sit for long periods of time, numerous distractions, visual, auditory and ambulatory acuity important. Occasional lifting of up to 30 pounds.
Thank you for your interest in working for Greeley-Evans School District 6. Please feel free to contact our Human Resource Office at 970-348-6073 with any questions.
Greeley-Evans School District 6 shall not discriminate in its employment or hiring practices on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status or disability. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort. The Superintendent is committed to cultural diversity among district personnel as a means of enriching educational experience. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort.
Complaint procedures have been established for current employees, prospective employees, and applicants for employment. The name of the responsible employee who has been identified as the Compliance Officer and Title IX Coordinator for the District is as follows:
Dr. Insoon Olson, Title IX Coordinator & Compliance Officer
1025 Ninth Avenue, Greeley, CO 80631
Expected salary: $18.34 per hour
Location: Greeley, CO
Job date: Thu, 22 Sep 2022 04:21:56 GMT