Job title: USARPAC MTCCS Lead Operator, Computer (Live/Virtual/Constructive-Integrating Architecture (LVC-IA)) / Computer Operator V
Company: General Dynamics
Job description: Type of Requisition: Regular
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Suitability: No Suitability Required
Public Trust/Other Required:
Job Family: SCA
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sets up, monitors, controls and operates one or more central console computers and related peripheral equipment.
- Selects and loads input and output.
- Observes operation of equipment, control panel, error lights, verification printouts, error messages, and faulty output, and responds accordingly.
- Maintains records and prepares reports as required
- Assists in performing system back-ups
- Resolves routine errors, and routes complex error messages to appropriate personnel.
- Confers with software engineering or programming personnel in the event errors require a change of instructions or sequence of operations.
- Manipulates controls to rearrange sequence of job steps to continue operations when individual units malfunction.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced operators.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Superb communication and organizational skills.
- Understanding of military units and terminology at echelon.
- Working knowledge of the Lightweight Directory Interchange Format (LDIF).
- Working knowledge of the Simulation Interoperability Standards Organization (SISO).
- Advanced knowledge of the fundamentals of data processing and computer operations.
- Baseline Certification: CompTIA Security+ CE
- Candidate must have or be able to obtain a certificate or certification meeting evolving computing environment requirements
- AA subject immaterial; in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work/military experience. BS/BA highly preferred.
- 5-8 years of experience; Military training and training support at Brigade and above highly preferred.
- Position requires a SECRET clearance; candidate MUST be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET clearance
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
Travel Required: 10-25%
Telecommuting Options: Onsite
Work Location: USA HI Schofield
Additional Work Locations:
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Location: Schofield, WI
Job date: Thu, 22 Sep 2022 04:23:05 GMT