Job title: Sr. Director, Revenue Accounting & Operations
Job description: From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
Fivetran is seeking a seasoned leader with extensive SaaS revenue experience to lead our global Revenue Accounting & Operations function. In this key leadership role, and in close partnership with other leadership members across RevOps, Deal Desk, Legal, Sales and Finance teams, you will be responsible for supporting Fivetran’s strong revenue growth by building and maintaining scalable and efficient Order-To-Cash processes, policies, systems and controls. You will oversee customer contract reviews, revenue recognition assessments, revenue accounting, billing, accounts receivable and revenue operations. You are the in-house subject matter expert and therefore are expected to support, educate, communicate and report on revenue accounting guidance, technical and operational policies and company GAAP revenue performance, all while maintaining a customer (internal and external) centric mindset.
As the Sr. Director, Revenue Accounting and Operations, you will:
- Hire, coach and mentor a high-performing Revenue Accounting & Operations team.
- Craft and execute upon the strategy, vision and plan for the Revenue Accounting & Operations function, taking into consideration revenue accounting processes, SOX controls, technical accounting, operations, systems/automation, policies, reporting, and collaboration with cross-functional partners.
- Oversee and lead the global revenue financial close processes including the review and approval of revenue recognition journal entries, review and recording of revenue from non-standard contracts, SOX controls compliance, reconciliations, fluctuation analyses, financial reporting and more.
- Design and distribute detailed revenue reporting, to include BvAs, trend and variance analyses and key metrics. Automate revenue reporting using BI tools, Looker or similar.
- Maintain an ongoing partnership with FP&A to ensure revenue forecasting for existing and future revenue streams is consistent with US GAAP revenue recognition standards; advise FP&A timely on revenue transactions impacting forecasts, BvAs and related.
- Build and maintain the appropriate cross-functional partnerships (Legal, Deal Desk, Sales), processes, controls and related infrastructure to ensure all customer contracts are appropriately reviewed, executed and recorded timely and accurately within all relevant systems (SFDC, NetSuite); maintain additional processes and controls as necessary for the review, execution and recording of non-standard customer contracts and new product offerings.
- Build and maintain the appropriate revenue operations to ensure completeness and accuracy of all revenue data; partner closely with RevOps and Analytics to align on key revenue processes, identifying and rectifying inefficiencies timely and continuously seeking ways to improve and automate operations while maintaining a sound OTC SOX controls environment.
- Oversee the timely and accurate technical assessment and documentation of revenue recognition and related matters; Liaise timely with external auditors to ensure alignment on technical conclusions.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of best-in-class billing, credit, collection and payment application processes, controls and reporting; maintain tight partnership with Customer Success, Sales and RevOps to identify and remediate process inefficiencies and areas for improvement timely across billing and collection operations.
- Oversee the review and assessment of overdue accounts, maintaining an appropriate bad debt allowance and write-off policy; distribute timely reporting over overdue accounts and bad debt.
- Act as a key contact to external auditors; oversee the timely and accurate compilation of audit requests for revenue and related areas.
What you bring to the table:
- 15+ years of progressive experience within the accounting organization; high-growth and SaaS industry experience a must; multi-national public company experience with
$500M in annual revenue required * Minimum of 5 years in a leadership/management position in an accounting organization, with demonstrated ability and experience driving change and improving operations especially in the areas of financial close and reporting
- Experience with a Big-4 accounting firm is strongly preferred; CPA certification (active or inactive)
- Excellent accounting research and problem solving skills; strong knowledge of both ASC 606 revenue recognition (SaaS and professional services), ASC 340 (capitalized commissions) and related US GAAP standards required
- A proven leader in training and developing motivated teams; a proactive leader and effective coach committed to the development and engagement of their team
- others, and motivate teams to produce quality work with tight timeframes
- Demonstrated ability to interact with and influence management and contributors at all levels of the organization and across departments
- Ability to respond to, prioritize effectively and meet deadlines while maintaining the highest of standards for completeness and accuracy
- Effective and decisive under pressure
- Ability to effectively operate in a fast-paced environment with ability to adapt to change
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Preferred experience: Netsuite (ARM), Salesforce, Stripe, usage/consumption based customer billing, marketplace billing (AWS, GCP, Azure)
Perks and Benefits:
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Home office setup reimbursement program for 100% remote employees
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours, free food, and fun team building activities
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Referral Bonuses
- RSU’s – every employee is granted RSU’s when they walk in the door
- Annual Camp Fivetran trip that brings together every employee from around the world
We’re honored to be , but more importantly, we’re proud of our .
Fivetran brings together high-quality talent across the globe to make data access as easy and reliable as electricity for our customers. We value and recognize that our customers benefit from having innovative teams made of people from many backgrounds, experiences and identities. Fivetran promotes diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging through attracting, recruiting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce, not only because it is the right thing to do, but because it helps us build a world-class company to better serve our customers, our people and our communities.
To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, and enjoy our video.
Location: Oakland, CA
Job date: Sat, 17 Sep 2022 04:31:04 GMT