Job title: IT Business Analyst-Remote in Central or Eastern Time Zone Information Technology
Company: CNO Financial Group
Job description: Description
Position at CNO Financial Group, Inc.
CNO is seeking an IT Business Analyst to participate in small and lower complexity projects and/or assignments to define business requirements and analyze business problems or opportunities. The IT Business Analyst builds relationships with business stakeholders and senior Analysts to support the scope of a project/program workstream, develop requirement documents, use cases, activity diagrams, flowcharts, and supplemental specifications to describe the application requirements to support the project scope.
This is your opportunity to join a rapidly growing team. Our benefits administration platform is a critical part of upcoming sales strategy. You can grow along with us.
As an IT Business Analyst your responsibilities will include:
- Evaluate business technology requests of small and lower complexity and assists with analysis needed to define the scope, sizing and requirements to implement business technology requests.
- Work as a liaison among stakeholders to elicit, organize, evaluate and validate requirements for changes to business processes and information systems.
- Document business requirements for new and existing business capabilities.
- Hold requirements gathering sessions, capturing meeting minutes, following up on action items, reporting project status, and ownership of project documentation
- Analyze, identify, and write detailed description of user requirements, program functions, and tasks required to define or modify information systems.
- Convert requirements into User Stories as necessary to provide an accurate scope of business request
- Support the business and IT by developing and maintaining knowledge of customer’s business.
The IT Business Analyst position is well-suited for you if you:
- Understand the Software Development Life Cycle and IT systems.
- Recognize the need for occasional deviations from standard practices.
- Communicate concisely and effectively.
- Analyze and solve business problems.
- Identify opportunities to streamline process and enable continuous improvement; identify alternative approaches to enable informed decision making.
- Solve lower complexity problems and receive guidance from more senior members of team on higher complexity problems.
- Coordinate with various business and technology groups to define project scope and objectives and develop and design business solutions.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Technology or a related discipline.
- Typically, requires a up to 2 years of related experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and other business-related software, with expert level knowledge of Excel.
At this time, CNO is not mandating its associates to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. However, this is an evolving situation, in the future CNO may require its associates to be vaccinated as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodations required by applicable law.
CNO Financial Group offices reopened in April 2022, and we will be pursuing a hybrid working model. Associates who live within a 60-mile radius of a corporate office (Birmingham, Carmel, Chicago, Philadelphia, Orlando, and Milwaukee) will have access to come into that Office up to 2 days/week, and work from home at least 3 days/week. This role is full time work from home (WFH), also known as Remote. This role can be performed from any US based location within the central or eastern time zone. Work cannot be performed from outside of the United States.
CNO provides life and health insurance, annuities, financial services, and workforce benefits solutions through our family of brands and supported by our associates and agents. Our customers work hard to save for the future, and we help protect their health, income and retirement needs with 3.2 million policies and more than $35 billion in total assets. Our 3,400 associates, 8,600 exclusive agents and independent partner agents guide individuals, families, and businesses through a lifetime of financial decisions.
We are financially strong and well positioned for continued growth, and we are grounded in our core values of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I), Integrity, Customer Focus, Excellence, and Teamwork. We have offices in more than 260 communities in the U.S., including our headquarters in Carmel, Indiana, and corporate offices in Birmingham, Chicago, Philadelphia, Orlando and Milwaukee.
At CNO Financial Group, we’re always looking forward-to the security and stability we help create for our insurance brands’ customers, and the growth we create within our own company. We’re looking for ambitious people who want to do more. We’ll provide you with opportunities to grow your skills through challenging professional experiences.
If you’re looking for a culture that encourages development, helps you reach your potential, and rewards you for your contribution, then CNO Financial Group is right for you. For more information, visit CNOinc.com.
CNO Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. For more information, please click the following link:
As you explore job openings at CNO, please keep in mind that CNO will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And CNO will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a CNOinc.com or BankerLife.com email address.
If you receive an email purporting to be from CNO that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please contact law enforcement and report the email to
Location: Carmel, IN – Chicago, IL
Job date: Thu, 29 Sep 2022 04:10:55 GMT