Job title: Jarraff/Mower Operator (CDL Preferred) – ATE
Company: Asplundh Tree Expert
Job description: Job Title: Jarraff/Mower Operator (CDL Preferred)
This position is responsible for effectively and safely removing trees on utility right-of-way while operating tractor/mobile and other heavy-duty equipment.
Are you a real go-getter looking for an amazing opportunity with a nationwide full-service-utility contractor offering competitive wages and incredible benefits? Keep reading because this job might be for you!
Since 1928, Asplundh has been dedicated to safe, efficient, and innovative line clearance services for the utility industry. Reliable, uninterrupted power is an important service provided by the world’s electrical utilities and Asplundh has the expertise to help keep the power flowing. Diversification over the years has opened up vegetation management services to other specialized markets such as municipalities, railroads, pipelines, helicopter vegetation services, and departments of transportation.
A family-owned and operated corporation headquartered near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Asplundh has grown to employ over 33,000 service professionals throughout the United States, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
Job Type: Full-Time +, Non-Exempt
Pay: Competitive, Hourly
- Company Sponsored Retirement Plan
- Health Insurance (Medical/Dental/Vision)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life, long-term/short-term disability insurance
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Operates heavy equipment such as Skid steers, Mowers Off-road forestry equipment, (Jarraff, Kwik Trim, Backyard Lift), and Stump grinders.
- Drives mowing tractor with hand and foot controls, use weed whacker/brush cutter.
- Transports equipment to and from job locations, loading and unloading equipment onto truck/trailer.
- Installs and removes gates, fences, and barb wire.
- Operates power saw and fall trees.
- Uses a chainsaw to cut brush, logs, and stumps of larger trees.
- Rakes debris and trash.
- Gathers brush and feed brush into a woodchipper.
- Assists senior spray person in mixing herbicide in holding tank.
- Applies chemical herbicide to right-of-way.
- Utilizes hose and spray nozzle from truck-mounted spray equipment or back-pack to treat remote areas.
- Services truck, chipper, and other equipment to keep in clean, neat, and specified mechanical condition.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Ability to obtain Class A CDL within 6 months.
- Knowledge of heavy equipment and ability to operate and service all required tools and equipment.
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Upon offer, employees may be required to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen, background, and/or MVR check.
License & Certifications:
- Driver license required.
- Commercial Driver License (CDL) preferred.
- Must have transportation to and from the show-up location.
- Willing to travel, work, and stay out of state.
- RARE (less than 10%): sitting, crawling, climbing poles.
- OCCASIONAL (up to 33%): stooping, squatting, climbing ladders.
- FREQUENT (up to 66%): Sense of touch, speaking clearly, climbing on/off truck, reading, hearing – speech range, depth perception, pushing, pulling, balancing, lifting up to 50lbs.
- CONTINUOUS (up to 100%): Walking, standing, manual dexterity, stooping, range of motion, kneeling, squatting, body twisting, gripping, seeing, reaching, color vision, lifting, carrying, lifting up to 10lbs.
Due to the inherently dangerous nature of the industry and requirements to work with or around hazardous equipment, employees must have sufficient eyesight to judge distance/coordination of equipment and tools, be able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods, be able to withstand exposure to all kinds of weather while completing work assignments, be able to wear personal protective equipment as necessary, be able to enter and exit a vehicle numerous times a day, have the endurance necessary to traverse various terrain, be capable of performing job duties throughout a standard 8- or 10-hour day, be able to communicate with others, read, write, and comprehend written/verbal job instructions and information, and communicate and handle conflict professionally.
- Works around hazardous equipment.
- Works on unlevel ground.
- Works around excessive noise from machines, chain saws, mowers, wood chippers, and weed whackers with hearing protection.
- Works around falling limbs with protection.
- Works in all temperatures and weather conditions and will be exposed to nature, i.e., irritating plants, biting or stinging insects, dust, etc.
As a full-service utility contractor, Asplundh performs tree pruning and removals, right-of-way clearing and maintenance, vegetation management with herbicides, and emergency storm work and logistical support. Asplundh is the parent company of UtiliCon Solutions whose subsidiaries provide overhead and underground line construction, planning and design, meter reading and AMR/AMI installation, electrical testing, and street lighting/traffic signal services. Asplundh also operates Rotor Blade Airborne Utilities Management, overhead electric distribution, and transmission lines using MD 500 helicopters.
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation. Individuals with a disability who desire a reasonable accommodation should contact the ADA Coordinator at 1-800-248-8733, ext. 1339.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: – – –
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: – –
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link:
Location: Cadiz, OH
Job date: Sun, 18 Sep 2022 04:29:41 GMT