Job title: Senior Vendor Manager, Geospatial Tech
Job description: DESCRIPTION
**Position available in Seattle, Austin, and Nashville.**
Are you excited by invention and innovation? Do you thrive in bringing technology solutions to customers to grow and evolve their businesses? Do you get excited by doing things that have never been done before and bringing customers along with you? Are you equally as comfortable working with product and technology teams to bring the voice of the customer into our work every day? Do you grow and lead through ambiguity?
Amazon Logistics is building state-of-the-art technology to power our Last Mile delivery network that will deliver packages to hundreds of millions of customers around the world. The Last Mile Geospatial Data team builds systems that model the real world to enable routing for drivers. We build, maintain and vend base map data, road network data, map tiles, geocodes of addresses and time estimates for service as well as transit times. We also provide end-customer facing address creation and validation experiences.
Amazon is looking for a Sr. Vendor Manager to join the Last Mile organization, preferably with deep GIS technology experience and a strong delivery record hunting, owning and executing business technology deals. The right candidate is articulate, can influence without authority, and present to senior leadership and the C-Suite. As a Sr. Vendor Manager on the LM Geospatial team, you will be responsible for oversight of new and existing contracts and relationships used to enable our geospatial data systems. You will work to dive into data and focus on details to ensure the right inputs are top of mind for our customers and stakeholders.
This role requires working across multiple teams and global stakeholders, understanding and communicating critical business needs and how those translate into solutions. This individual must have experience building and negotiating complex technology contracts and partnering with finance and legal teams. This position involves regular communication with senior leadership on status, risks and our sourcing pipeline.
Needed Skills and Abilities:
· Influencer: Innovative leader with the ability to identify opportunities and influence organizations to gain support and overcome resistance with data and persuasion
· Leader: Significant experience leading partner teams through trust, good judgment, decision-making and data.
· Doer: Ability to successfully deliver end-to-end technology and vendor operations projects, working through the many obstacles along the way
· Communicator: Ability to present to senior leadership, communicate expectations and requirements equally well with business and technology teams, and capacity to write well-reasoned and data-driven proposals, performing your own data analysis as necessary
· Problem Solver: Ability to utilize exceptional problem-solving skills to work through difficult challenges
Key job responsibilities
- Define and execute on a strategic vendor development plan and ensure it’s in line with the business strategic direction, in partnership with key internal stakeholders (e.g. product, tech, program, partner, legal, finance, support teams)
- Handle a high volume of engagements and interactions in the fast-pace of emerging and nascent technologies
- Identify and engage key partners, and own vendor relationships and performance
- Build vendor development and acquisition pipeline by engaging with key prospects and partners
- Track existing or set up new metrics as required to validate vendor performance
- Lead complex negotiations with vendors setting new KPIs and service level agreements based on organizational requirements
- Frequently liaise with vendors in meetings to understand issues and barriers to meeting performance targets
- Develop and implement performance improvement plans, working cross-functionally with internal and external stakeholders
- Report on performance in weekly and monthly forums with senior leadership
- Set measurable targets that align with the overall goals of the organization
- Understand the technical requirements of our internal customers and become an expert in the geospatial data and logistics assets space
- Be an ambassador for Amazon to vendors
- Bachelor’s Degre
- 5+ years professional experience as a Vendor Manager, Sales or Business Development Manager, Account Manager, Operations Manager, or related occupations
- Strong leadership skills are key, with proven verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations, and lead through influence
- CxO relationships and large network in the industry
- Experience influencing and recommending solutions to meet deliverables
- Experience developing structural solutions to ambiguous problems
- Experience building relationships, negotiating, and influencing key stakeholders, internal and external partners to drive decisions
- Experience with supply chain management and transportation concepts such as planning, scheduling, logistics, delivery performance, carrier performance
- Advanced Excel skills
- Proficiency in SQL
- Experience sourcing new vendors and negotiating contracts
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Location: Bellevue, WA
Job date: Thu, 22 Sep 2022 04:12:10 GMT