Job title: Facilities Engineer
Job description: Job description
Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Upstream clients to seek a Facilities Engineer to work in Houston, TX for a 2-month contract position.
The Facilities Engineer will be reporting to the Facilities Engineering and Construction Manager. The role will provide engineering support to the asset with a focus on executing improvements to the tank vapor control systems.
- Provide Engineering support to the Production Operations team responding to field issues that require investigation and may result in facility changes via the Company’s Management of Change process.
- Familiar with SCADA systems with the ability to download and manipulate data in support of investigations.
- Complete Management of Change (MOC) evaluation questions for projects proposed by asset personnel.
- Project manage changes or other ad hoc projects as appropriate.
- Capable of developing financial justification to support any projects under their responsibility.
- Update documents/drawings for inclusion within work packs prepared by the individual and distributed to field teams for execution.
- Close liaison with Production Operations, Maintenance, Construction, and Facilities Engineering teams.
- Support efforts to develop and maintain a process safety culture through Management of Change, Hazard Analysis, and Project Documentation.
- Work with vendors and Global Procurement to coordinate the purchase and delivery of materials and equipment.
- Develop and evaluate proposals for new project opportunities.
- Support mentoring and coaching activities by sharing knowledge throughout the organization.
- Facilities Engineer position based in Houston supporting the Bakken asset (North Dakota).
- Work schedule: Mon-Thurs in the office; Friday’s remote (when not traveling).
- Travel to various field locations as required: ~25%.
- Bachelor’s degree in Process, Mechanical, Electrical & Instrumentation or significant (10yrs) relevant experience.
- Computer Skills: MS Office Suite including MS Project, SAP, and Spotfire beneficial.
- Driven, detailed, and goal-oriented individual with strong project management skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks with competing demands on resources.
- Ability to troubleshoot systems and components. Understanding of applicable industry codes.
- Ability to communicate effectively and deal with internal groups, external suppliers, and vendors.
Location: Houston, TX
Job date: Sun, 18 Sep 2022 04:30:52 GMT