Job title: Finance & Office Administrator – LA
Company: Ralph Creative
Job description: Job description
Who is Ralph?
Ralph is an award-winning creative agency with offices in New York, LA, London and Tokyo that are filled with passionate people who work hard to create big ideas that inspire and innovate online. We represent a wide range of clients including Netflix, Apple TV+, Nickelodeon, Hulu, Peacock, Amazon Prime Video, Starz, Tinder, Disney+, and more.
We’re a team of passionate and social creatures who value teamwork and collaboration above all. When we’re in the office, we work in an open-plan environment, enjoy music, humor and aren’t afraid to roll our sleeves up when we’re busy. We follow the same principles working from home and strive for a tight-knit company culture while working remotely.
We are looking for a detail-oriented Finance and Office Administrator to maintain our LA office and financial records, including purchases, sales, receipts & payments and also be a reliable support to company operations & procedures. Duties include working closely with the team to ensure the timely processing of accounts payable & receivables and support the managing director to achieve organizational efficiency.
To ensure success as a financial administrator, you should possess extensive knowledge of accounting principles, being flexible to handle anything that might come their way and experience in a similar role.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Management of purchase ledger, to include:
- Accurately processing supplier invoices, ensuring they are logged against the correct nominal code,
- Entering appropriate narrative to enable other users to understand what the invoice relates to,
- Correctly recording payments against relevant invoice(s),
- Reconciling supplier accounts against statements on a timely basis and following up promptly to resolve any unreconciled items (e.g. credit notes, unallocated payments, etc).
- Management of reimbursements ledger, to include:
- Review reimbursements ensuring documentation has been provided and the approval process has been followed,
- Accurately processing reimbursement expenses ensuring they are logged against the correct nominal code,
- Correctly recording payments against reimbursements.
- Management of sales ledger, to include:
- Finalizing sales invoices on XERO, checking to ensure all necessary information has been included correctly (e.g. PO number, client billing address, narrative, etc),
- Correctly recording cash received against invoices paid,
- Preparing month end aged debtor report / reconciliation, promptly actioning any unreconciled items (e.g. unallocated cash).
- Ensure SOW’s are signed for all projects and then entered accurately onto the income forecast.
- Management of bank accounts ensuring transactions are processed accurately, accounts reconciled promptly and reconciling items followed up on a timely basis.
- Management of the credit control process, following up with client accounts payable to ensure our invoices have been received and are being processed, chasing up overdue debtors, keeping a record of action taken and flagging any issues promptly to CFO.
- Closely monitoring expenditure on company credit card, checking transactions in XERO on a daily basis to ensure approval procedures have been followed and documentation has been provided for all transactions and flagging any concerns promptly to the CFO (for example, process not being followed by team members, unexplained transactions on the card).
- Manage project time tracking system including ensuring staff members have completed timesheets.
- Evaluating and optimizing financial controls and procedures.
- Coordinate office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance to company policies
- Oversee and maintain office equipment for uninterrupted function, identify and fulfil office supply needs, maintain and manage vendors, and coordinate food delivery as needed.
- Provide direct administrative support as needed, including scheduling appointments, meetings, and events, booking travel, maintaining filing system, mailing and shipping packages, and updating contact database and employee list.
- Maintain office efficiency by maintaining appearance of common areas, organizing procedures, handling correspondence, managing filing systems, and overseeing supplies and equipment.
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of the office as the main point of contact.
- Manage all aspects of the office’s space/infrastructure planning (moves, adds, and changes to workstations) and provide answers, resources, and solutions as requested
- Additional finance and office administrator duties as designated by management
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a similar field.
- 2+ years proven experience as a financial administrator, or similar.
- Proven experience as an office administrator, office assistant or relevant rol3
- Familiarity with office management procedures and basic accounting principles
- Proficiency in accounting software, like Sage, QuickBooks and XERO.
- In-depth knowledge of financial controls and accounting standards.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Superb organizational, leadership and time management abilities.
- Great collaboration and communication skills.
- Good understanding of bookkeeping procedures
- Time-management and organization skills
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel (creating spreadsheets and charts and using financial Excel functions)
Ralph is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
As part of our commitment to health and safety, all applicants and employees must submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or request and obtain approval of a reasonable accommodation based on disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance. To request an accommodation for purposes of participating in the hiring process, you may contact us at [email protected]
Powered by JazzHR
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Job date: Wed, 21 Sep 2022 04:26:52 GMT