Job title: Mail Processor – Postal Service
Company: Postal Job Services Co
Job description: Mail Processor:
Get placed quickly at the US Postal Service and join one of America’s largest, most prestigious, and highest paid work forces.
The average postal worker makes just over $72K a year, with federal benefits, retirement, paid vacations, paid training, and a lifetime of positional and compensation advancement potential.
Starting pay ranges up to $27/hr including federal benefits, plus paid overtime. A high school diploma is NOT required.
There are 4 entry level positions. Each may lead to any position you prefer at the USPS. They include Window Clerk, Mail Handler, Mail Processor and Mail Carrier.
Take advantage of the help provided to ensure you are placed and placed quickly.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Mail Processor is responsible for utilizing various sort programs or manual distribution schematics to make one or more sortations of inbound and outbound mail items.
- The Mail Processor manages and organizes mail processing work area to ensure required machinery, labels, bins, and other tools and materials are in place.
- The Mail Processor receives sorted mail items and distributes into designated bins for additional processing.
- The Mail Processor is responsible for loading mail items into automated machines.
- The Mail Processor is responsible for removing non-letter mail peices such as parcels, rolls, and odd shaped items from letter mail.
- The Mail Processor controls the flow of mail to ensure a steady feed into processing equipment.
- The Mail Processor is responsible for ensuring the operation of processing equipment by clearing jams and notifying maintenance when necessary.
- The Mail Processor provides service as needed at the public window for non-monetary transactions.
- The Mail Processor performs other duties as required.
Responsible for completing various clerk duties required for mail processing while operating both manual and automated equipment for the purpose of sorting and distribution.
Must be 18 years old or 16 years old with high school diploma.
Must be US citizen, permanent resident, or citizen of American Samoa or other US territory.
Ability to pass criminal background check, drug screening, and medical assessment.
Must be registered with Selective Service (if applicable).
Up to $19.56 per hour paid bi-weekly
Candidates must successfully complete and receive a pass rating of the Virtual Entry Assessment – MP (476) for Mail Processors. When the candidate is invited to take the assessment, directions will be provided via email.
The Postal Inspection Service conducts a criminal background check by utilizing United States information and data resources only (FBI, fingerprint check, state and county checks). The investigation covers a 5 years inquiry for any location where the candidate lived, was employed, or went to school within the US or its territories.
Candidates are required to be physically able to perform the duties of the position in an efficient manner with or without reasonable accommodation. Duties may include long periods of standing, walking, bending, and reaching. Candidates may also handle mail containers weighing up to 70 pounds.
Expected salary: $19.56 per hour
Location: Largo, FL
Job date: Wed, 23 Nov 2022 05:08:48 GMT