Job title: SHEQ Coordinator
Company: Orion Talent
Job description: Job Description
Position Description: SHEQ Coordinator
The SHEQ Coordinator is responsible for supporting North American departments in the development of training needs, taking into consideration regulatory (Ex. OSHA), Industry (Ex. ISO) company and customer expectations.
- Ensures that the EHS Management System set out in Risk Control Elements RCE00 through to RCE29 is effectively implemented for site.
- Works with local management to manage a long term sustainable approach to the assessment of all risks, the recording of suc h risks and the swift introduction of measures to minimize such risks, both preventative and protective
- Supports local management on incident/hazard investigations and corrective actions
- Organizes a plan and conducts training necessary for proper onboarding of an employee to account for HR, LMS, Administrative and SHEQ induction.
- Conducts audits and inspections to assure compliance to company and regulatory procedures. Prepares and maintains necessary
regulatory documentation and reports.
- Provides technical/Engineering support in EHS areas for assigned areas and projects.
- Collaborates with site management and employees to identify company training needs.
- Ensures that the design and implementation of all H&S programs are successful in involving all employe es; especially in informing, development and training
- Supports Management with regular performance measurement reviews and reporting.
- Manages and monitors LMS administrative functions (Ex. Adding/removing and updating training).
- Schedules appropriate training sessions.
- Collaborates and supports training needs for external sources, acting as coordinator of such events.
- Maintains punctual, regular and predictable attendance; works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of
- Respectfully takes direction from [supervisor/ manager]; other duties as assigned
Relevant Previous experience
- Experience in a safety role with Industrial equipment manufacturing organization
Knowledge areas/Skills (minimum level of knowledge to fulfill the role’s responsibilities)
- Possess proven track record of improved safety performance
- Licensure and Certification – A few states require licensure; above OSHA30
Other requirements (e.g. Language skills; competencies; expected travel requirements)
- Enthusiastic and positive promoter a company, its employees and its objectives including all Safety,
Health, Environmental, Quality and Security related programs.
- Fosters a professional working relationship through all levels of the North American business divisions.
- Experienced with communicating and implementing training plans with remote workers.
- Willingness to keep abreast of new techniques in corporate training.
- Excellent communication, presentation and public speaking skills.
- Organizational and time management abilities.
- Understanding of effective teaching methodologies and tools to allow students to prove proficient in the skills th ey have learned.
- Completion of a Trainer Certification program a plus but not required
- Location: Phoenix, AZ (Chandler and North Phoenix)
- Shift Work: Schedule is M-F with hours typically 7/8 AM – 4/5 PM
o Expect 3-4 days on-site and 1-day WFH
- Travel: Expect travel (up to 15%) during the first year for training and domestically to support client sites as needed.
Career Progression, Salary and Benefits: $75k – $85k depending on experience and qualifications along with an annualized bonus. Relocation assistance provided. Employees are rewarded based on their performance and contributions to the workplace.
Expected salary: $75000 – 85000 per year
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Job date: Thu, 29 Sep 2022 04:23:47 GMT