Job title: Managed Care Finance Analyst II (Remote)
Company: Mass General Brigham
Job description: About Us
As a not-for-profit organization, Mass General Brigham is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, MGB supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We’re focused on a people-first culture for our system’s patients and our professional family. That’s why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Mass General Brigham is committed to aligning our employees’ personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development—and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Mass General Brigham values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
Under the direct of the Operations Manager, the Managed Care Analyst, Finance II, supports activities focused on payor payment, various analytics and payment recoveries using multiple data base applications. The incumbent will actively collaborate with colleagues, other departments within Mass General Brigham, and external parties (Payors) to optimize revenue collection.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Use/s the Mass General Brigham values to govern decisions, actions, and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration
- Independently and accurately, analyze third party payment variances and determine root causes for discrepancies, using database tools in a timely manner, may require research of payor policy.
- Record and monitor payment variances detected independently, communicate detected payment variances to manager
- Resolve underpayment variances directly with payors when indicated
- Participate in payor operations and revenue analyses meetings internally and externally as necessary
- Compile summary variance reports, for potential/actual recoveries, for Management
- Participate, as requested in ad-hoc financial analyses, in collaboration with other Revenue Finance Departments
- Provide training and assistance to new staff at Manager request
- As directed, input/correct rates within Harvest modeling system; follow up on logic configuration issues with internal parties and/or Harvest vendor, as needed.
- May participate in the development of any required/customized reporting for use within Revenue Reimbursement within available database applications
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related field required
- Minimum of 2-3 years related experience required
- Knowledge of revenue cycle workflows preferred
- A combination of education and experience may be substituted for requirements
- Possess strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with cross functional teams including staff at all levels of the organization
- Proficient with Excel, also Access preferred
- Demonstrated ability to understand and interpret financial data
- Experience with contract modeling tool (Harvest and/or Epic, preferred)
- Knowledge of Hospital Third Party billing rules
- Knowledge of managed care contracting and reimbursement methodologies
- Self starter, able to work independently with ease
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to prioritize and multitask
Location: Somerville, MA
Job date: Wed, 23 Nov 2022 05:07:48 GMT