Job title: Freelance Production Artist
Company: Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit
Job description: Job description
The Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit is looking for graphic designers to assist our marketing department in updating, maintaining and producing print and digital materials. The expected volume is 10 to 15 hours per week.
This is an exciting (and meaningful) opportunity to produce creative work for an organization that not only puts on really cool events, but also makes a tremendous impact in the community that it serves.
We are constantly cranking out art for everything from young adult fundraisers at funky art galleries and whiskey distilleries to family programs at petting zoos and cider mills to networking events at some of the most exclusive spots in downtown Detroit. (Check us out at jewishdetroit.org/events). We know that our events are up against everything and anything someone in our community could be doing, so we pride ourselves on creating head-turning graphics that really sell the events and programs we work so hard to put on and effectively communicate what people can expect when they attend one.
In addition to bringing people together with our full calendar of happenings, we are a fundraising organization committed to improving the lives of Jewish community members here in Detroit and around the world. We raise and allocate millions of dollars every year to local and international agencies that touch countless people of all ages and backgrounds — and our marketing department and its roster of creatives are often the ones tasked with telling this side of our story in thoughtful and innovative ways.
We are looking for a true professional who can jump right in and is all about collaboration. We are looking for someone who is very responsive and is comfortable and confident producing quality work with quick turnaround times. We would love someone local who shares our Detroit hometown pride (and our time zone). This is your chance to work with a team of creatives who love what they do and love that what they do makes a difference.
- Put the finishing touches on existing designs, make copy changes, proofread, and ensure files are press-ready.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Create new pieces (flyers, postcards, mailers, table tents, signage, web banners, etc.) based on established designs.
- Create one-off pieces as needed.
- Work under deadlines and manage multiple tasks.
- Use project management software (Asana) and Cloud Storage (OneDrive) to manage projects and files.
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat) and the use of Adobe fonts.
- Ability to adequately use Microsoft Office programs (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Minimum of two to three years graphic design experience with demonstrated strong graphics background.
- A portfolio with an emphasis on print design is required for consideration.
- Freelancers are not expected to work onsite. You can do this work from your own home or office.
- You should have a reasonably up-to-date Mac or PC that has its latest operating system installed and can handle large Adobe Creative Cloud files.
- You will be expected to provide your own Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat) and Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) licenses.
- We will provide access to OneDrive and Asana.
- We do not provide technical support for your equipment or software.
Powered by JazzHR
Location: Bloomfield Hills, MI
Job date: Tue, 22 Nov 2022 05:08:24 GMT