Job title: Cdl Route Delivery Driver Class B
Company: General Pet Supply
Job description: General Pet Supply
Work Location: MO – St. Louis
Job Code: 9244
Looking for a job on the open road with the ability to be home nights and weekends? General Pet Supply, a division of Central Pet & Garden Co. is looking for CDL Drivers in the Hazelwood, MO area.
Full-time employees enjoy excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, short-term and long-term disability, free life insurance, tuition reimbursement, product discounts and more! You will play an important role in helping the organization achieve our goals of providing a high level of customer satisfaction.
Drives tractor trailer (48’, 36’, 32’ and 28’ length) and/or 24’ straight truck, locally and out of town, to deliver pet food and supplies to veterinarian, pet and farm channels. Makes up to approximately 24 stops per day.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Complete necessary paper/computer work (i.e., Proof of Delivery, etc.).
- Preform pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspection.
- Operate straight truck or tractor trailer with manual transmission, locally or out of town (up to 500 miles per day for local routes), in accordance with local, state and DOT laws and company policy.
- Unload product from truck (using hand truck/dolly and/or electric pallet jack): potentially down stack up to 4000 pounds per delivery.
- Merchandise product (certain accounts only).
- Re-secure load (using straps, moving pallets, etc.) between deliveries.
- Pick up returns from clients (i.e., full pallets to single items).
- Clean out truck includes sweeping, stacking pallets, product returns and dunnage.
- Fuel up vehicle.
- Provide a high level of customer service.
- COD collections.
- Maintain cleanliness/safety of immediate work area.
- Regular attendance.
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- Able to read, write and speak English and perform basic math calculations, including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Possess a strong work ethic, good attendance, motivation and a positive attitude.
- Must be organized, attentive to details and able to read a map.
- Maintain a valid commercial driver’s license (Class B for straight trucks, Class A for tractor-trailer).
- Must be safety conscious and possess a good driving record. Must maintain driving record in accordance with Company’s driver performance standards.
- Must abide by U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) and General Pet Supply’s drug and alcohol policy and be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Must meet U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) physical and medical requirements and possess a valid medical card.
- Able to lift-up to 50 pounds, and push/pull up to 175 pounds (using hand cart).
- Must possess excellent customer service skills, communication skills and demonstrate tact and diplomacy. Must be courteous and responsive to customer needs.
- Position requires a high level of concentration when operating the motor vehicle.
- Must be flexible to changing customer or operational demands. Must be able to work early mornings, work until the route/delivery is complete which includes overtime on short notice. Able to deliver over-night routes as needed.
- Must be able to operate commonly used delivery equipment, including a handcart and a pallet jack
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Standing/walking on uneven surfaces .
- Temperature varies based on weather conditions.
- Sitting/driving for multiple hours to complete deliveries.
- Bending/twisting getting in and out of the truck and delivering product.
- Use of equipment including pallet-jacks, hand trucks, lift-gate on trailers, etc.
- Lifting/down stacking pallets of products at deliveries.
- Mostly local routes. Home most nights and weekends.
Class B: $18.00 per hour
*** Sign on Bonus $1000.00 (paid out after successfully working 3 months), AND $1000.00 (paid out after successfully working 9 months)
General Pet Supply is a division of Central Garden & Pet Co. At Central Garden & Pet (NASDAQ: CENT and CENTA), we believe home is at the center of our lives, and our employees are driven by our purpose to nurture happy and healthy homes. Our company is made up of thousands of people across North America, with an emerging footprint across the U.K., Mexico, China, and Canada – all dedicated to helping gardens bloom bigger, pets live healthier, and communities grow stronger. We are united by our mission to lead the future of the garden and pet industries…one blade of grass and one wagging tail at a time. Visit our website at www.central.com and www.generalpet.com to learn more.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Expected salary: $18 per hour
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Job date: Tue, 20 Sep 2022 04:17:06 GMT