Job title: Cloud Security Engineer (100% Remote)
Job description: Overview
Frontdoor is a company that’s obsessed with taking the hassle out of owning a home. With services powered by people and enabled by technology, it is the parent company of four home service plan brands: American Home Shield, HSA, Landmark and OneGuard, as well as ProConnect, an on-demand membership service for home repairs and maintenance, and Streem, a technology company that enables businesses to serve customers through an enhanced augmented reality, computer vision and machine learning platform. Frontdoor serves 2.2 million customers across the U.S. through a network of approximately 17,000 pre-qualified contractor firms that employ an estimated 60,000 technicians. The company’s customizable home service plans help customers protect and maintain their homes from costly and unexpected breakdowns of essential home systems and appliances. With 50 years of home services experience, the company responds to over four million service requests annually. For details, visit frontdoorhome.com.
As a cloud security engineer, you will be working with all of our cloud technologies and providers including AWS, GCP, Azure and OCI. You will provide guidance and expertise in how to configure, secure and audit/log a heavily containerized cloud infrastructure as well as help with migrations between those environments.
Your north star is providing secure, scalable, cloud native solutions in an environment focused on security as a collaborator and not a blocker.
- Help drive and work with the team to develop and implement a complete cloud security offering including base images, container dependencies and serverless best practices.
- Help guide migrations from one cloud provider to another while keeping tech debt to a manageable level.
- Work with engineering teams across Frontdoor to prioritize security issues and find collaborative resolutions.
- Provide expert advice and consultancy to internal customers on risk assessment, incident triage, threat modeling, and security vulnerability mitigation.
- Mentor and guide newer security engineers on best practices, collaborative approaches and evaluating risk.
- Partner with multiple teams across multiple locations with varying degrees of risk tolerance to ensure timely delivery and secure solutions.
- Help drive internal process improvement projects, including the development and implementation of internal security tools.
- Help create and socialize security guidance documentation and assistance with security metrics delivery and system improvements.
- Hands-on experience securing cloud applications and infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure, OCI).
- Working knowledge of cloud infrastructure and services like AWS (EKS, ECS, VPC, KMS, CloudWatch, OpenSearch, EC2, S3, DynamoDB, Route53, Lambda, etc.).
- Solid understanding of security vulnerabilities, attacker exploit techniques, and methods for remediation.
- Docker, Kubernetes
- Istio, Envoy, OPA, Styra
- Fluentd, Splunk, Humio
- Kafka, MongoDB, redis
- Experience implementing and leveraging logging and monitoring solutions, Splunk, Elastic, Fluentd or Prometheus.
Minimum Experience required: 3+ years of cloud security in either AWS, GCP or Azure
Additional Frontdoor Total Rewards Information: We are passionate about empowering our people, and are creating an environment where associates are engaged and excited to be part of taking the hassle out of home ownership. Our approach to benefits is holistic, and includes health, wellbeing and financial components including: insurance for medical/pharmacy, dental, vision, life, and disability, weight loss and smoking cessation programs, matching 401(k) and ability to participate in our employee stock purchase plan. The incoming salary for this role is $110k for the minimum level of experience outlined in the requirements for this role; however, the salary we ultimately offer will typically increase commensurate with experience.
Job date: Sat, 17 Sep 2022 04:23:47 GMT