Job title: Editorial Associate (Editorial Lead)
Job description: Job description
We’re a team of entrepreneurs and technologists building something new – with travel advisors, creators and enthusiasts at the center.
We’re reimagining the travel advisor industry with fresh eyes: one that is modern, inclusive, tech-enabled and well, cool.
Our mission is bold. We’re here to empower 100,000 entrepreneurs to transform their passion for travel into revenue, and we’re doing it by curating the most incredible experiences for travelers.
Founded by three entrepreneurs – Henley Vazquez, Jake Peters and Evan Frank – our ambition is to build the next generational brand in travel. We are fortunate to be backed by an incredible group of investors and are looking for more talented and mission-driven individuals to join our early team.
We’re seeking an enthusiastic and creative Editorial Associate (or Editorial Lead) who has an avid interest in storytelling with an emphasis on travel and people, and a passion for writing and collaboration.
The ideal candidate has experience in writing & content (including, but not limited to: proof-reading, copy editing, SEO and fact-checking) and is enthusiastic about learning more.
The role is mid-level with opportunities for growth.
This is a creative role that also requires great attention to detail and top-notch organization skills. It is a unique opportunity to be a part of an early team developing in-house content and overseeing user-generated content with a mission-driven company.
The role reports to our Editorial & SEO Manager, a travel journalist with a passion for fostering learning and growth amongst her team.
We are based in New York City and looking to build the core of our team there, so ideally you live in the area and can come join us for some days of the week in lower Manhattan.
What you’ll do…
- Own the editorial pipeline from start to finish. Source travel content and itineraries from our advisors, and transform it into top-notch content on our platform.
- Manage and execute the posting process for all website content, including editing, fact-checking, SEO-optimizing and sourcing imagery for digital content.
- Oversee our team of freelancers to ensure consistency, quality and efficiency, while staying on top of deadlines and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Work with our Editorial Manager to develop and execute content for our editorial calendar, bringing creative and on-brand ideas to the table.
- Pitch, write, and edit high-quality editorial content, including blog posts, destination guides, SEO-optimized landing pages and marketing emails.
- Work with our SEO team to strategize on opportunities and create content that ranks in search results.
Collaboration & Support
- Collaborate with and support different verticals of our company, including product development and marketing.
- Communicate with our network of advisors and creators and help to bring their content to life on our platform.
- Collaborate with our Head of Content Marketing to identify opportunities for authentic DEI efforts across all aspects of our brand.
- Embrace a startup and Jack/Jane of all trades mindset, wearing different hats to support our content marketing team.
Who you are…
- At least 2 years in a content role.
- Passionate about writing.
- An excellent copy editor, with a strong grasp of grammar and style.
- Skilled across multiple disciplines of writing – you have no problem jumping from writing thought-leadership pieces to generating quippy social captions.
- Super organized, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Detail-oriented, thorough and trustworthy.
- Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Inclusive nature with a strong desire to support a diverse community.
- Passionately curious.
- Strongly preferred:
- Travel industry experience
- Sharp eye for imagery
- Hotel- and design-obsessed
- Showcase your personality and writing skills.
- Emphasize that you get our brand. Tell us “why Fora” (versus another travel company).
- Illustrate your mission-driven, entrepreneurial mindset.
This is a full-time, mid-level role with room for growth. The job title & pay is commensurate upon experience. It is based in New York City with a hybrid WFH & office schedule. We pride ourselves on our great benefits, including: unlimited vacation, health insurance (including an option completely covered by Fora HQ), One Medical membership, dental & vision insurance, 401k plan, commuter benefits, supplemental life insurance and more. All employees also receive stock options – Fora is backed by .
You must have authorization to work in the United States. Fora is unable to assist applicants with obtaining work authorization.
Fora is committed to an equitable hiring process and an inclusive work environment. BIPOC and traditionally underrepresented candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We will not discriminate and will take action to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any other characteristic protected by law.
Powered by JazzHR
Location: New York City, NY
Job date: Fri, 23 Sep 2022 04:26:59 GMT