Job title: Principal Software Engineer in Test
Company: Fidelity TalentSource
Job description: Job Description:
The Fidelity Health Care Technology group is actively seeking a Principal Software Engineer to help test the next generation mobile solutions for use across the digital health care applications suite. The ideal candidate enjoys designing, developing and maintaining automated test suites to ensure product quality and release readiness. We seek hardworking individual capable of bringing a software engineering approach to our testing practices.
As a Principal Software Engineer in Test within the Fidelity Health Care Technology Group, you will be encouraged to work closely with application owners, developers and business sponsors to review requirements, build automation frameworks and execute solutions in an Agile environment.
The ideal candidate enjoys innovative ideas on how to design, develop and maintain our automated test suites and infrastructure. We seek individuals capable of bringing a software engineering approach to our testing practices.
The Expertise and Skills You Bring
- BS or above in Computer Science or related field
- 10+ years of professional experience in Testing/Development with 4+ of those years involved in iOS Native Automation using XCUI suite.
- Verifiable experience as a Subject Matter Expert using Swift, XCode IDE, XCUITest framework in a large, enterprise environment, preferably as part of a team of QA engineers
- Experience with Agile Scrum methodology desired
- Ability to design, develop and maintain a suite of automation tests, write and execute test cases
- Ability to investigate, isolate, and troubleshoot technical issues across the full technology stack by leveraging automated & manual testing methodologies
- Advanced skills in scripting languages for automation (ie. python, java)
- Proven experience testing Rest APIs with a strong understanding of RESTful web services
- Experience in a DevOps environment with CI/CD tools; experience with Git/Bitbucket Server (Stash), Jenkins, and uDeploy are a plus
- Experience with Code Quality/Coverage Tools (Sonar or equivalent) are a plus
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to work with multiple teams across the organization
The Skills You Bring
- Ability to work in a fast paced, highly matrix environment to achieve team goals
- A desire and aptitude for learning innovative technologies
- Your previous experience using business requirements to craft, develop and maintain test plans, test cases
- Following standard methodologies and best practices for testing mobile apps
- Expertise with using Java or Java Script and experience with Cucumber/BDD
- Knowledge of CI/CD principles using Jenkins and Git and can make recommendations on how to best include test automation into pipelines
- Work as part of team of SDET’s focused on automation and build reusable artifacts
- A learning demeanor to your work and are eager to master and adopt new technologies
- Thrive working in an Agile environment, and believe in the value of t-shaped squad members
The Value You Deliver
- Defining and developing a suite of automation tests for our Digital Healthcare products
- Working closely with product owners, developers and business
- Rapid prototyping to validate good and bad ideas quickly
- Writing source code, adapting existing components, and testing developed components
- Ensuring designs meet performance, security, usability, and reliability and scalability requirements
- Mentoring and developing more junior technical staff
This role will be on an Agile Squad working within the Digital Healthcare Teams. You will be working with another automation engineer and multiple developers, a scrum master and a squad lead to help create and test new products in this space.
The Squad works on a 2 week cadence and there is lot of cross squad collaboration in our space. You will also be part of the Digital Quality Assurance Chapter and be a part of the automation community within.
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a , we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2022. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity—we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you’ve always imagined.
Many of our associates are continuing to work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19. When Fidelity employees eventually return to the office, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we’re calling ” .”
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at .
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Leave of Absence/Accommodation Team by sending an email to , or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 3.
Location: Durham, NC
Job date: Wed, 21 Sep 2022 04:16:43 GMT