Job title: IT Support Specialist – Overnight Flex
Company: Expedient Data Centers
Job description: Expedient Boston is hiring an IT Support Analyst to work in our data center in Medford, Massachusetts.
We hire people who are smart and are passionate about technology. We hire people who care about helping our clients and solving problems. We hire people who we can promote. The IT Support Analyst, in our Medford, Massachusetts data center, will join the Operations Support Center (OSC) team and will receive fully paid training (including outside industry certs, if you want to pursue) and hands-on experience with a variety of technical platforms including virtualization technology, networking, data protection, Windows, disaster recovery, managed back-ups, cybersecurity, Linux/Unix and infrastructure.
If you are looking for a job to apply your IT knowledge and technical experience as well as gain invaluable exposure to dozens of different kinds of technology, you may be the perfect candidate for this role.
Expedient, a provider of data centers; offers multi-cloud platforms that provide hosting and cyber security solutions to its clients. For more information about our cloud technology and solutions, please visit us at
Experience: Applicants should be able to show professional work experience in technology; acceptable experience includes 2 years in an IT environment where you have successfully helped clients by answering questions in job tickets, emails and phone as well as oversaw data security monitoring and data protection.
The Schedule and Shift Premium: This position operates on a regular schedule of Monday through Friday from 7pm to 3am and and includes an additional $5,000 per year for working the overnight shift.
Professional Development & Training: Expedient places high value on professional development and education. We will cover the costs, up front, for our IT Support Analysts to obtain relevant technical certifications such as CompTIA, A+, Network + etc. Certain certifications that are higher in difficulty to obtain have attached bonuses for completion.
Rate of Pay & Bonus: In addition to fully paid breaks, you will be paid every 2 weeks and earn the hourly rate of pay, based on your technical experience and knowledge, work experience and/or academic experience. This mid-level position needs a passionate seeker of technology who is interested in solving problems while pursuing their career in IT. Range of pay of $37,000 – $49,000 per year, can vary depending on market, shift experience and the learning curve.
PLEASE NOTE: We are an essential business due to our support of clients in industries such as healthcare, financial services, public utilities and other critical infrastructure. Because this is considered a critical position in the organization, a physical presence, on-site in the data center is required. As a result, every effort is being made to ensure the protection of our employees and our job candidates in the data center.
- Process and prioritize incoming client phone calls, emails and job ticket questions and/or requests for service-related assistance
- Utilize the trouble ticket system to log all requests and problems/resolutions including documentation of special requests and customizations considered important for future support
- Monitor the operational support systems to proactively identify service impacting events relating to IT, network and facility conditions
- Check in clients to provide them with physical access to their servers and equipment using a strict level of security protocol
- Communicate with clients and internal staff at regular intervals to ensure expectations are set and that appropriate attention is being paid to client requests
- Escalate problems to the appropriate engineering disciplines within the organization or external vendors as required to achieve resolution and
- Associate’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent work experience and industry technical certifications (for example: CCNA, CCENT, MCSE, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA A+, etc.)
- Demonstrated level of competency with internet technologies including:
- Principles of networking, Cisco, Juniper
- Windows operating system
- Familiarity with basic UNIX commands
- DNS and WEB services
- Experience in a technical support or helpdesk role requiring client support
- Strong analytical and independent problem-solving skills
- Professional and strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to cover weekends or call-offs as needed
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug screen
- Ability to work 12-hour shifts
- Sitting – stationary/seated position during the work day in order to check in visitors
- Walking – must be able escort visitors to their equipment; must be able to walk the entire perimeter of the physical plant/data center several times during the shift in order to conduct hands-on assessments and to ensure building safety compliance by checking doors, checking temperature in various areas of the server room/data center
- Lifting – frequently lifts lightweight items and occasionally lifts heavyweight materials such as equipment, parts, computer and server hardware
- Dexterity – must be able to lock/unlock security cages, operate security kiosk and print out visitor badges, operate loading dock equipment; must be able to climb and balance oneself on a ladder, must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl into tight places to access computer hardware, to conduct safety checks, to move equipment, install equipment, etc. as required
Sponsorship is not provided. Expedient does not engage with third-party recruiting or staffing firms.
BENEFITS TO WORKING FOR EXPEDIENT: We place a high value on learning and staying agile in the technology arena. We make education and training available to our employees through a robust, employee-driven training and tuition reimbursement program. Additional benefits include 3 weeks of paid time off, plus top-tier, affordable medical, dental, vision insurance, as well as 401(k) with a generous match and a paid day off to celebrate your birthday each year. Expedient is committed to providing its employees with an environment that promotes collaboration with both team and individual success.
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest.
If this isn’t the job for you, perhaps you have a friend who would be a perfect fit. Please share the following link so they can view/apply for this or any of our other current job opportunities: expedient.com/careers.
Expedient is an equal opportunity employer, providing a safe, drug-free work environment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply for this position
Apply with Indeed
We’ve received your resume. Click to update it.
Attach resume as .pdf, .doc, .docx, .odt, .txt, or .rtf (limit 5MB) or
Paste your resume here or
Do you have a valid driver’s license?*
What’s your highest level of education completed?*
College or University
Can you work evenings?*
In 150 characters or fewer, tell us what makes you unique. Try to be creative and say something that will catch our eye!*
Expedient is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability or any other protected status.
I understand that if hired by Expedient, I will be required to present proof of identity and employment eligibility as a condition of employment.
I understand that this application will be considered active for a period not to exceed six months.
I also understand that Expedient requires a pre-employment drug screen as a condition of employment. The company prohibits the workplace use or possession of illegal drugs or alcohol or reporting to work under the influence of illegal drugs or alcohol. The company also prohibits the misuse of prescribed drugs. I understand that Expedient requires a criminal background check as an additional condition of employment.
I understand that Expedient is a smoke-free work environment.
I hereby authorize the company to investigate references and other information presented herein, and I hereby authorize my previous employer or educational institution to verify and release any information requested in order to process my application for employment. I release from liability Expedient and its representatives for seeking such information and all other persons or corporations or organizations for furnishing such information.
I understand that if hired, my employment with the company will be for an indefinite duration and will be terminable at will; just as I am free to resign at any time, Expedient reserves the right to terminate my employment at any time, with or without cause, and with or without notice.
I certify that the information set forth in this application are true and complete. I understand that false statements or omissions may result in my disqualification as an applicant or termination if I’m employed.* I agree to the above statements and submit my application for consideration.
Please provide some idea of your desired annual salary – please provide us a NUMERICAL response or your application will not be accepted. Your application will not be eliminated based on your response. Provide information based on your own experience, your understanding of the job market and/or industry or what you feel the position warrants. Please do not write in “Any” or “Negotiable” in this field.
NOTE: Please do NOT use any characters other than numerical digits, including, but not limited to: dollar sign ($), comma (,) and period (.). If you do this inadvertently, our form will require that you re-attach your resume. We apologize for the inconvenience.*
If a current employee referred you to apply for this position, please provide their name for our records.
Have you ever worked here or been employed by Expedient?*
If yes, when, where and in what position (Include freelance work, independent contracting or consulting work)?
Do you now, or will you in the future, need sponsorship from an employer in order to obtain, extend or renew your authorization to work in the United States?*
Are you related to anyone employed by Expedient?*
If yes, give name and relationship:
List any educational instruction, past and present, including business or trade school, technical or vocational training, correspondence or evening courses that may not be listed on your attached resume.
Use this space for additional information you feel may be helpful in considering your application, such as your interest in this company and any special experiences, skills or qualifications.
May we contact the employers listed on your resume?*
If no, which do you prefer we not contact (leave blank if not applicable)?
Do you currently have a non-compete/non-disclosure agreement with your existing or former employer?*
Expected salary: $37000 – 49000 per year
Location: Boston, MA
Job date: Fri, 23 Sep 2022 04:16:06 GMT