Job title: Network and Systems Administrator
Company: Dwight School
Job description: Job description
Dwight School is the first school in the Americas to offer all four International Baccalaureate programs from preschool to grade 12. Guided by our philosophy of igniting the spark of genius in every child, Dwight is an inclusive school that aims to meet the unique needs, abilities, and interests of each student. At the same time, Dwight challenges every student to develop intellectual independence, respect for diversity and belonging, and to become innovators and thought leaders.
Known for its low student-teacher ratio, Dwight enrolls 1,100 students with 400 faculty and staff. Our School rests on three pillars: personalized learning, community, and global vision. As part of a leading global network of schools, Dwight offers employees exciting cross-campus opportunities. Additionally, with the support of The Dwight School Foundation’s generous grants, Dwight provides faculty professional development, enabling teachers to deepen their content knowledge and pursue their own sparks of genius to be shared with the community.
At Dwight, we strive to ensure that our environment is welcoming — a place in which everyone can thrive — and an organization we are proud of. We recognize that this takes trusting relationships and ensuring that all individuals feel valued regardless of their backgrounds. At Dwight, we encourage diversity in all respects, including diversity of thought, and embrace innovation and foster collaboration and growth.
We consistently strive to advance the equity, diversity and belonging of our community in all domains, including the curriculum, admissions, environment, and hiring. Our goal is to achieve and maintain equal employment opportunities, with policies in place to maintain a work environment free from discrimination.
As a school, we prioritize the health and safety of all community members, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic. We have numerous protocols and precautionary measures in place for everyone’s protection, and all community members are required to follow strict guidelines, including wearing a face covering at all times, performing daily symptom checks, and taking weekly COVID-19 tests.
Position: Network and Systems Administrator
Dwight School seeks a Network and Systems Administrator to join a dynamic team of experienced IT professionals positioned to install, support, and maintain a variety of diverse technical offerings at Dwight School’s New York City, Jersey City and online campuses. This position is based out of Dwight’s Central Park West Campus.
Responsibilities of the position
- Install, maintain, backup and troubleshoot both physical and virtual servers, storage, appliances and IoT devices.
- Establishes and maintains user accounts, profiles, file sharing, access privileges, and end user security across identity providers
- Researches, analyzes, monitors, troubleshoots, and resolves network and system problems
- Maintains documentation of server systems, support logs, and other related information
- Install, support, and maintain internet connectivity, firewall, virtual, local, and wireless networks.
- Establish and maintain network security and data privacy protection and retention.
- Provide multi-channel support to the Dwight & Franklin School community consisting of students, parents, faculty, staff and administrators and all school managed facilities
- Software package creation, deployment, and maintenance and patch management.
- Advise Global Director of Technology on necessary software and hardware purchases.
- Make purchases and serves as point-of-contact with suppliers, where appropriate
- Provide 24×7 on-call support for technology and systems emergencies
- Offer general and personalized community professional development of services under management and prepare documentation to support them.
- Actively participate in the continuous improvement of technical services offered by the technology team.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher with 5+ years experience.
- Experience in a school/academic setting is highly preferred.
- Detail-oriented team player with strong communication, organizational, and customer service skills to serve students, faculty and staff of all ages.
- Demonstrated understanding of TCP/IP networking & cross-platform computer and mobile device troubleshooting.
- Candidates with an Apple ACMT, Jamf Pro, Microsoft or Cisco/Aruba or equivalent certifications are strongly preferred.
- Advanced technical knowledge of Apple computers, mobile devices. MacOS, iOS, Jamf Pro, Microsoft Windows Clients & Servers, VMware Virtual Infrastructure, Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, PowerShell, OSX Scripting, API Integration, Sonicwall, Aruba Network Switching & Wireless, Active Directory and Azure AD, & Google Workspace.
- Candidates should be able to lift 40 lbs and traverse multiple stories of stairs several times a day and report to Dwight’s Central Park West campus daily.
- Previous experience working in a school highly preferred.
We’re ready to welcome your ideas, views, and your innovative and ambitious spirit.
Interested candidates should submit their most recent resume and cover letter at
We are committed to making our recruitment practices barrier-free and as accessible as possible for everyone. This includes making adjustments or changes for disabled people or people with long-term health conditions. If you would like us to do anything differently during the recruitment process, or provide any information in an alternative format, please let us know.
Dwight School’s goal is to achieve and maintain equal employment opportunities. It is also the policy of Dwight School to maintain a work environment free from discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran/military status, marital status, or other status protected by federal or state law, with regards to any term or condition of employment.
Powered by JazzHR
Location: New York City, NY
Job date: Tue, 22 Nov 2022 05:10:29 GMT