Job title: Systems Admin/Engineer I, Amazon Pharmacy
Job description: DESCRIPTION
At Amazon, we believe that every day is “Day One.” A day for the first step or to meet a new challenge, and today could be the day that you become part of a bigger idea. Amazon Pharmacy is a full-service pharmacy delivering medications and clinical support to our customers. Pharmacy IT Services is looking for an experienced Systems Admin/Engineer to innovative and have great problem solving and analytical skills, who understands the Agile mindset and DevOps philosophies.
As a Systems Admin/Engineer I you must be comfortable and confident working on Windows systems and familiar with the fundamentals of Windows Server. You must have knowledge of operating systems and networking fundamentals, understanding of TCP/IP and other common network protocols, have a bias toward automation, have experience diagnosing and resolving complex problems, and attention to detail and solve problems at their root.
Pharmacy IT Services is a fast-paced environment where we “Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History.” On a “typical” day engineers might deep dive to root cause a customer issue, investigate why a metric is trending the wrong way, consult with the top engineers at Amazon, or discuss radical new approaches to automate operational issues. You will be working in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift quickly and you must be flexible and adapt well to a wide range of tasks and technologies.
This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every month, for high-severity events related to all of the team’s services and systems. We don’t like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don’t get paged for the same issue twice.
Key job responsibilities
- Systems Administration and support, including security patching, new system deployment, and account administration
- Metrics and projections
- Have a complete understanding of the various system interdependence and limitations
- Identify security issues and risks
- Implement, support, and evaluate secure, infrastructure focused tools and services
- Advise and consult with internal customers on risk assessment, threat modeling, and fixing vulnerabilities
- Participate in security compliance efforts
- Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions
- Understand business context to decisions made within and across groups
- Support critical infrastructure services
- Participate in 24×7 on call rotation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 3+ years of experience as a Systems Engineer, Site Reliability Engineer, Dev Ops Engineer, or equivalent
- 1+ years of experience leveraging Dev Ops automation, build automation, and configuration management tools
- 1+ years of experience implementing and administering AWS services including EC2, S3, VPC, IAM, RDS, Dynamo DB, etc.
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, OS, Networking, problem solving, and performance tuning
- The ability to deal with ambiguity and drive, design, and implement large scale systems
- Experience with Agile, SCRUM, or Kanban
- 1+ years of experience building scripts, tooling, and automation using PowerShell, Python, Java, SQL, or Shell to streamline operational processes
- Hands-on experience building monitoring, alerting, dashboards, and metrics reporting
- Experience implementing DevOps concepts, tools, processes, and culture
- Experience working in mission-critical, operations support environment amongst geographically dispersed teams
- Advanced understanding of DNS, DHCP, SSH, HTTP, TCP/IP and other common network protocols
- Experience with common configuration management solutions
- Proven ability to operate effectively in high pressure situations and successfully handle multiple competing priorities
- Ability to work on cross-functional teams and diagnose/ solve technical problems
- Ability to make concrete progress in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge (can’t suffer from “analysis paralysis”)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Location: Boston, MA
Job date: Thu, 22 Sep 2022 04:17:44 GMT