Subcontracts Administrator (Remote)
MD – Rockville
Westat is an employee-owned corporation providing research services to agencies of the U.S. Government, as well as businesses, foundations, and state and local governments. Westat’s research, technical, and administrative staff of more than 2,000 is located at our headquarters in Rockville, Maryland, near Washington, DC.
Westat is committed to building a diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity, belonging and equity for all. We believe that our greatest strength draws on the different backgrounds, cultures, perspectives and experiences of our employees.
Westat is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Subcontracts team at Westat. Reporting to the Senior Subcontract Manager, this role will be ideal for someone with experience working in a Federal Contracts environment, and someone who has a positive attitude. The Subcontracts Administrator is responsible for performing professional work involving the procurement of supplies and services using procedures outlined in the Federal Acquisitions Regulations, any other applicable Acquisition Regulations, Public Laws, and Westat policy. Candidates do not need knowledge in specifics as training will be provided but do need Federal Contracting management knowledge.
• Negotiate, manage and oversee a portfolio of subcontracts and vendor agreements.
• Ensures compliance with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) in order to comply with procurement regulations.
• Perform pre-award reviews of subcontractor documents to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and solicitation requirements.
• Perform risk assessments and compliance reviews in accordance with internal and external regulatory requirements.
• Maintains and reviews subcontractor data and enter into appropriate enterprise management systems.
• Advise staff on appropriate methods of procurement and conduct necessary market analysis
• Serves as subcontract point of contact.
• Support process improvement and documentation initiatives.
• Participate in special projects for system and technology innovation.
• Typically requires a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 4 years of progressive experience in a Federal Government contracting and contract management environment. Relevant work experience may substitute for education.
• Experience managing federally funded professional services contracts.
• Demonstrated experience working with the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
• Experience reviewing and negotiating various types of subcontract and procurement agreements.
• Knowledge of Contractor Performance System Review (CPSR) audit standards.
• Experience performing cost or price analysis.
Other Required Qualifications:
• Demonstrated communication skills.
• Collaboration with teams, managers and/or clients.
• Organization skills, including time management ability.
• Detail oriented.
Westat offers a well-rounded and comprehensive benefits program focused on wellness and work/life balance. Subject to plan requirements, employees may participate in:
Employee Stock Ownership Plan
401(k) Retirement Plan
Paid Parental Leave
Vacation Leave (15 days per year)
Sick Leave (10 days per year)
Holiday Leave (7 government holidays and 2 Floating holidays)
Employee Assistance Program
Travel Accident Insurance
Short Term Disability Insurance
Long Term Disability Insurance
Life and AD&D Insurance
Critical Illness Insurance
Supplemental Life Insurance
Flexible Spending Account
Health Savings Account
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, or any other protected status under applicable law.
The salary range for this position is $78,800 – $105,000 and will commensurate with experience