Job title: System Administration Supervisor of Desktop Support and Network Administration
Company: Washington State
Job description: Description
System Administration Supervisor of Desktop Support and Network Administration
(IT System Administration – Journey)
Full Time | Permanent
Location: Monroe, WA
Salary Range: $6,672- $8,755 Monthly
The Washington State Department of Corrections is excited to add a System Administration Supervisor of Desktop Support and Network Administration (IT System Administration – Journey) to the Information Technology (IT) team! In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring IT Systems and users are provided localized professional support by the five staff you will supervise within the Northwest East Area of Responsibility (AOR). As a part of the Office of the Chief of Staff (COS), IT provides technology solutions for the Department by strategically partnering with all Department divisions to include the office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) and Washington Technology Solutions (WaTech).
You will directly support the DOC’s strategic goals and objectives by providing administration of IT systems, multiple diverse networks (Admin (DOC), Off State Networks (OSNC/OSNE/OSNL/OSNS), Health Services Network (HSN), Security Electronics Network (SEN)) and customer service delivery across multiple divisions within DOC. You will identify, design, and implement improvements in processes and act as the IT liaison with facility and agency management.
Our IT team is comprised of professional, diverse and forward focused individuals. As the System Administration Supervisor of Desktop Support and Network Administration, you will manage, direct and supervise 5 staff who provide support and work of the computing environments, networks, customer relations and wiring infrastructure work managed by CFS. You will provide skills and technical knowledge to complete complex tasks, such as performing project tasks and large work efforts within major facilities and field sites between DOC staff, incarcerated individuals and vendors.
We are searching for someone who has experience in supervision and is excited and motivated to mentor staff in resource and workload management, employee morale, and customer relations to promote consistent high-quality IT services. If you see yourself as someone with professional skills and technical knowledge, we encourage you to apply!
A completed application packet will include:
- A detailed resume
- A cover letter regarding your interest for this position with our agency
- Three professional references
We are looking for teammates who share our vision of public service, committed to an equitable and inclusive culture that fosters and inspires excellence, while promoting innovation, engagement, and safety, leading to better outcomes for our incarcerated population, our agency, and our community.
As a System Administration Supervisor of Desktop Support and Network Administration, some of your duties will include:
- System Administration to include:
- Providing oversight and technical professional level support for Information Technology (IT) Systems
- Developing and managing local IT strategies and implementing plans to include resources, training, and tiered support for IT services provided to the Department
- Managing the quality, accountability, productivity and timely delivery of IT services
- IT Management to include:
- Managing the quality, accountability, productivity and timely delivery of technology services
- Developing Local IT strategy and implements plans
- Making recommendations and decisions on strategic direction of customer services
- Supervision to include:
- Managing a team of IT Professionals in support and service delivery
- Providing on the job training to staff in performing duties
- Identifying staffing needs to accomplish current and future operational goals/services
- Network Service and Infrastructure to include:
- Ensuring functionality, connectivity and availability of local area switches, data/phone connections and infrastructure
- Performing highly complex problem analysis, installation, maintenance, problem troubleshooting, consultation and capacity planning
- Telecommunications/Mobile technology to include:
- Deploying and providing technical support for telephones, mobile phones, and other mobile connectivity hardware
- Communications to include:
- Serves as the IT liaison with business management negotiating and resolving operational issues and disseminate information.
- Other duties as assigned
What we need (required qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related field from an accredited institution whose accreditation is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA), or a foreign equivalent.
*An equivalent combination of IT related training and experience may substitute year for year for education.
- 2 years of experience directly supervising 2 or more employees including completing employee evaluations of performance, work planning, hiring, instructing of work, and recommending corrective actions.
- 4 years of experience in an IT Professional position within the DOC IT Team within the last 6 years.
- 4 years of Information Technology experience in an enterprise environment within the last 6 years.
- 4 years of experience repairing, diagnosing and troubleshooting Network Operating Systems, software and hardware on physical and virtual servers.
- 4 years of experience using server diagnostic tools in the repair of server hardware and software.
- 4 years of experience in installing, testing, and configuring Microsoft Windows workstations.
- 4 years of experience creating and modifying Active Directory groups for administrative access to network shares and printer queues.
**Experience may be gained concurrently with paid professional technical experience.
What will make your application stand out (preferred qualifications):
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate: Windows Server 2019.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate: Windows 10.
- Certified CompTIA A+
- 2 years of experience repairing and diagnosing telephony technology (e.g. PBX, VOIP).)
- 2 years of experience repairing and diagnosing mobile technology (e.g. smart phones, air cards, hot spot, GPS).)
- 2 years of experience using an IT Service Management system.
- 2 years of experience repairing, diagnosing and troubleshooting electronic devices (e.g. access control devices, digital cameras, hard drives, memory cards, modems, network components, printers, removable storage devices, scanners, biometrics, global positioning systems (GPS).)
- 2 years of experience repairing, diagnosing and troubleshooting network protocols and connectivity issues (e.g., Transmission Critical Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), Virtual Private Networking (VPN).)
- 1 year of experience repairing, diagnosing and troubleshooting physical computer components. (e.g., central processing units (CPU), network interface cards (NIC) and data storage).
- 1 year of experience integrating and administrating Security Electronics systems in an enterprise IT environment.
Vision: Working together for safer communities.
Mission: Improving public safety by positively changing lives.
Our Commitment: To operate a safe and humane corrections system and partner with others to transform lives for a better Washington.
DOC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, honorably discharged veteran, veteran status, genetic information, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability.
COVID 19 Vaccination Requirement
Employees of the WA State Department of Corrections (DOC) are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Any offer of employment is contingent upon verification of your vaccine status. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. You may request an accommodation if you are unable to meet this requirement due to a medical or religious necessity.
- Please include a minimum of three (3) professional references with your application. A professional reference is defined as an individual who has been paid to supervise your work and can attest to your work performance, technical skills, and job competencies. If you do not have any or sufficient professional references, please include non-related professionals, such as educators or other professional associates.
**Please note: Phone number AND email address are required for all professional references.
- A background check including criminal record history will be conducted prior to a new hire. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
- Employees may work directly with or near incarcerated individuals in a potentially hazardous setting. Please consider this when deciding whether to apply.
- We are committed to maintaining a drug and alcohol-free work environment, and our employees are expected to comply with all state and federal laws. A pre-employment drug test may be administered as part of the selection process, and applicants who test positive for any controlled substances, will be disqualified from consideration.
- Oleoresin Capsicum (OC) is an aerosol pepper spray made available as a means of self-defense and/or de-escalation. Applicants with sensitivities or allergies are encouraged to ask about the level of exposure they could expect in this position.
- Animal care projects are a common component of most Washington State prisons, including dog and cat programs. Applicants with animal sensitivities or allergies are encouraged to ask about the level of exposure they could expect in this position.
- Tuberculosis (TB) is a priority health issue for DOC employees. The successful candidate may be required to provide valid proof of a baseline TB skin test within 60 days from the date of hire. When positive tests result, further information, testing and treatment will also be required. Employment is not contingent upon test results.
What We Offer:
As an employee of the Department of Corrections, your work-life integration is a priority. Washington State employees are offered one of the most inclusive and competitive benefits packages in the nation. Besides comprehensive family insurance for medical, dental, and vision, these perks also may include:
- Remote/telework/flexible schedules (depending on position)
- Up to 25 paid vacations days a year
- 8 hours of paid sick leave per month
- 12 paid holidays a year
- Generous retirement plan
- Flex Spending Accounts
- Dependent Care Assistance
- Deferred Compensation and so much more!
For questions about this recruitment, or to request reasonable accommodation in the application process, please email [email protected] or call us at 509-630-9160. For TTY service, please call the Washington Relay Service at 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6388.
Expected salary: $6672 – 8755 per month
Location: Monroe, WA
Job date: Mon, 21 Nov 2022 05:10:36 GMT