Job title: Senior Business Analyst
Company: Vital Proteins
Job description: Job description
Vital Proteins is an emerging, dynamic brand consisting of a team of passionate individuals who believe whole-food-based nutrition is essential for overall health, fitness and wellbeing. Our team is comprised of intelligent and innovative talent who work collaboratively to ensure creativity, success, and global growth. At Vital Proteins, our mission is to empower our company, team, and customers to live a full, vibrant life. We seek to develop and support the right people, with the right chemistry, who continually ask questions, and in turn will develop and tactically execute good ideas. We are looking for individuals to help us think smarter and put a lot of ideas on the table in a short amount of time. Building a great company is our goal. Quality individuals and getting the team right is our business plan.
Senior Business Analyst is responsible for reviewing, analyzing, and evaluating user data and reporting needs to create business solutions or system enhancements that align with the overall business strategies. This position will be responsible to support and collaborate multiple business areas in the organization. By working with internal SMEs and external development consultants, this candidate will help build self-serving reporting/analytical capabilities, engineer data-driven processes and govern key business metrics to drive business value. We are looking for highly motivated, hard-working and ambitious individual who can build relationship with the stakeholders, understand, and anticipate the needs to deliver optimized and right solutions.
The Senior Business Analyst will be working hybrid. Candidates must be Chicagoland based.
What you are responsible for:
- Define and manage a long-term vision and portfolio of initiatives to improve the user experience and business results through creating metrics, analysis, visualizations, and data-driven storytelling through ad-hoc and automated solutions.
- Deliver reporting and analytics to help the business operate more effectively, understand what business questions need to be answered and how to leverage data to drive decision making.
- Recommend and help implement solutions that improve business decision making through quantitative and qualitative data.
- Manage the repository of reporting data objects, reports, dashboards.
- Work with business to gather requirements, assess and prioritize the needs, roadmap and execute, collaborating with Data Services, Data Engineers and BI developers to meet the data and reporting needs.
- Maintain a high-performing team and work environment enabling operational objectives and acquisition/retention of people resources.
- Supervise/support day-to-day activities of the Business Intelligence Analysts/Reporting Staff, including monitoring and reviewing staff performance, managing team projects and timelines
- Perform related duties as assigned by manager.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Perform analysis and investigation into root cause of problems, propose solutions.
- Identify risks and issues and seek approval on complex matters.
- Demonstrate collaborative skills with business units, project teams and other function groups.
Who you are:
- An exceptional communicator and collaborator. You’re effective at influencing cross-functional teams and can articulate your thoughts to everyone from individual contributors to top executives and have the following background
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a quantitative/technical/business field (e.g., Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Business) and 3+ years of relevant experience in one of the following areas: Business intelligence, data engineering, database engineering or business analytics.
- 3+ years of experience managing Agile Scrum teams, including hiring, performance management, and coaching. Strong Prior Knowledge of Agile Scrum Process, Backlog Grooming & Management, Producing High Quality Reporting & Analytical Capabilities is a must
- 3+ years of hands-on experience working with BI tools like PowerBI, Tableau, Looker etc
- Prior hands-on experience in writing complex, highly optimized SQL queries across large data sets and for report development is big plus
- Understanding of database design, database management, ETL methodologies, tools in SAP BW, Azure Data Lake, Snowflake environments
- Prior experience and/or desire to have a good understanding of the Consumer-Packaged Goods Business Process, KPIs/Metrics
- Ability to organize, prioritize and allocate workload for optimum efficiency.
- Ability to organize and conduct workshops to map business requirements, business user training
- Strong team player with a high level of professionalism.
- Multi-tasker in a constantly changing, fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform tasks and complete projects with minimal supervision.
- Have Prior Exposure to following systems and associated business data in systems such as SAP ERP, SAP BW, Amazon Seller Central, Shopify, ShipEdge, SalesForce is highly desirable
At Vital Proteins, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Powered by JazzHR
Location: Chicago, IL
Job date: Tue, 22 Nov 2022 04:58:54 GMT