Job title: Peak Time Teller: University Ave Branch
Company: UW Credit Union
Job description: Looking to get a foot in the door in the financial industry?
Looking for a part-time job to work around your schedule?
UW Credit Union is hiring for a Peak/Part-Time Teller and we want YOU to apply!
As a Peak/Part Time Teller, you will play a vital role at your branch, for both your teammates and UW Credit Union’s members. Peak/Part-Time tellers provide member service during busier hours – this ensures that, no matter when a member enters a branch, they will receive the legendary service that UW Credit Union is known for. If you are eager to learn, be part of a tight-knit team, and love working with people, this is the job for you!
As a Peak/Part-Time Teller, your job is to make a positive impact on members lives by accurately and enthusiastically performing a variety of transactions to meet their needs. You are dynamic, and can confidently jump in where and when you are needed. Customer service and problem solving is where you shine! You believe in UW Credit Union’s mission, and find comfort in recommending products or services to members that are truly in their best interest. Gaining new knowledge and skills excites you, and you are a natural team player. If a full-time career in the financial industry is your goal, the Peak/Part-Time Teller position is the perfect place to start. Many of UW Credit Union’s leaders began their careers in this very role!
- Achieve balanced scorecard results in alignment with Members for Life Sales & Service Philosophy
- Exhibit member-focused sales behaviors
- Maintain a high degree of knowledge in all UW Credit Union products and services
- Ensure all members requests are processed accurately and efficiently
- Adhere to UW Credit Union’s Cash Management policies and procedures
- Research all teller transactions when potential errors are identified, and communicate with affected members
- Identify opportunities to deepen member relationships through building rapport, uncovering needs, making recommendations, & submitting referrals
- Consistently seek out opportunities to exceed member expectations
- Demonstrate ability to work with members of all ages and backgrounds
- Act as part of a cohesive team, demonstrating excellent interpersonal and professional skills
- Display sound judgement and confidence in handling member request and expectations
- Demonstrate ownership of problems or errors, taking all necessary steps for resolution
- Assume responsibility of personal development through ownership of feedback, training, collaboration, and teamwork
- Maintain awareness of branch performance and employee engagement
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 7 months to one year customer service experience
Why work for UW Credit Union?
Join one of Wisconsin’s premier financial institutions, a four-time recipient of Madison Magazine’s Best Places to Work, and a two-time Milwaukee Journal Sentinel’s Top Workplace to receive:
- Part time employees earn paid time-off (pro-rated based on hours worked)
- Part time employees are eligible for paid caregiver & parental leave (pro-rated based on hours worked)
- 8 hours paid volunteer time annually
- Paid holidays (if normal work schedule falls on a recognized holiday)
- Personal development and peer connections through Employee Community Groups
- 401k option with company match of up to 5%, plus approximately 4% discretionary match
- Annual variable bonus reward
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free bus pass and BCycle/bublr bikes membership
- And more!
UW Credit Union is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Minorities, Protected Veterans, Women, and individuals with Disabilities. We strive to cultivate an inclusive workplace that is home to a diverse workforce where employees at all levels model knowledge of, belief in and a commitment to cultural competence.
Expected salary: $17 per hour