Job title: Customer Support Specialist
Job description: Job description
Customer Support Specialist Location: Austin, TX, but we offer a flexible WFH policySalary: $48,000/yr base, eligible for quarterly performance bonus,yearly bonus, and full benefits
uShip is seeking an upbeat and driven individual to join the Customer Support team as a full time Customer Support Specialist. This individual will work directly with the Customer Operations department to enhance all areas of customer support and involvement. Our goals are to try to end each interaction with a happy customer, to help our Product and User Experience teams create and enhance features that work for our customers, and to serve as the Voice of uShip. We’re collaborative and supportive, and we don’t use scripts to communicate with our customers.
- Work with the Customer Support team on inbound communication (calls and emails) with shipping customers and service providers
- Inform and educate customers on our products and services
- Troubleshoot and resolve account or website problems
- Provide resources and guide customers through resolution of disputes or issues
- Serve as a mediator between shipping customers and service providers
- Consistently deliver a positive customer support experience to every customer who reaches out to us
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to pay high attention to detail
- Quick learner who adapts well to change in a fast paced environment
- Team player, focused on the greater good and eager to pitch in to help when needed
- Brings a high level of energy and interest to customer inquiries and remains calm and respectful, especially in stressful situations
- Ability to understand and respond to customers’ needs in a timely manner via email and phone
- Strong in multi-tasking and prioritizing work without becoming overwhelmed or confused
- Excellent problem solving skills, ability to find creative solutions outside of the box
- Eager to work in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment, often with minimal supervision
- Internet savvy and well versed in using transaction based internet sites
- Microsoft office and Google Apps proficiency
- Multilingual in the following languages a plus: Spanish, French, and German
- Customer service and inbound call experience in a related industry
uShip offers big-company benefits in a small-ish sized company because we really value and are committed to our people. There are even some extras that will surprise you.
- Remote or hybrid work options
- Monthly Wellness Reimbursements
- Home office Reimbursements
- Company paid meal delivery pass, plus monthly credit
- 100% Paid Health and Dental available
- 401(k) matching, no vesting
- Stock Options
- Pet Insurance
- Dog-friendly downtown office
- So much more!
uShip is the world’s first and largest shipping marketplace, making it quicker, easier, and more affordable to ship large or bulky items. Consumers and businesses can compare and book bids from hundreds of thousands of customer-reviewed transportation service providers, ranging from independent owner-operators to the largest freight carriers and brokers. From cars to cranes and furniture to freight, our straightforward and transparent platform helps people, businesses, e-commerce sellers, and multinational logistics companies ship with greater speed and efficiency. Customers save money and service providers make money using their empty cargo space – everyone wins!
Inclusivity is Key!
We welcome diversity in all its forms, and believe we’re better collaborators, strategizers, and thinkers because of it. We are inspired to find candidates who embody our Core Values. uShip prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, parental status, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We celebrate our differences and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Powered by JazzHR
Expected salary: $48000 per year
Location: Austin, TX
Job date: Sat, 17 Sep 2022 04:28:58 GMT