Job title: IT Help Desk/Technology Specialist
Company: Thermacell Repellents, In
Job description: Description:
** IT Help Desk / Technology Specialist **
(TRI) is a privately held company with a mission to liberate people who love the outdoors from the harmful effects of insects. Founded in 1999 and based outside of Boston in Bedford Massachusetts, Thermacell makes the world’s leading spatial mosquito repellent and targeted tick control solutions. Dedicated to delivering the best consumer experience, we have an ever-expanding product line for both adventure and home use. We aim to change the way people repel insects, and through disruptive innovation, strong distribution across multiple retail channels, and a global footprint, our base of users is growing rapidly.
TRI currently employs 125+ full time employees at our 3 locations (Bedford Massachusetts (Corporate), Buford Georgia (Manufacturing & Distribution).
TRI CORE VALUES:
- Can Do Spirit – it’s NEVER ‘someone else’s job’
- Absolute Integrity – the high road is the only road
- Thrilling our Consumers – they are the well spring of our success and they must be delighted with Thermacell every time they use one
- Learn – Grow – Adapt (continuous cycle)
- Work Hard, Play Hard, Stay Humble – earn it every day
Reporting to the Sr. IT Operations Manager the IT Help Desk / Technology Specialist will provide Level I and some level II IT Infrastructure support for 100+ users in a Windows, AzureAD, Office 365 environment. As part of the IT Infrastructure and Operations team support will be provided to all Thermacell associates based at locations in Bedford, MA, 2 locations in Buford, GA, Sales Office NH, as well as employees working at other locations. Help Desk and Technology support responsibilities include Windows, MAC, VPN, NAS infrastructure, Active Directory, cloud storage, Exchange, and some network security. This position will also include working on projects that revolve around working to find creative solutions.
In this position you will have an opportunity to grow your career and increase your experience interacting with different levels of management, researching new technology solutions, and helping to improve overall network and application performance for users.
If you are the type of person that can see bottlenecks and see where issues are, and you instinctively hunt for a fix, then you are the type of person who will excel in this role. Great IT team environment that encourages empowerment and ownership and well supported with guidance, mentorship and ongoing training for professional growth.
WORKING HOURS: Regular business hours typically between 9am-5pm (limited off hours as needed)
WORK LOCATION: 26 Crosby Drive, Bedford, MA 01730
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Configure new computers (Windows PC’s some Macs with O365, Outlook, Teams, BitLocker, etc.)
- Respond to emergency and non-emergency requests / tickets SpiceWorks
- Assist in the technology onboarding of new hires – including acclimation to technology tools
- Ongoing group and individual training on company provided technology tools
- Provide technical assistance for various locations in-person or via video conference, as needed
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Well-rounded IT Desktop Support/ Technology Specialist to join the systems team
- Client support experience from entry level to Executive Leadership Team and across multi-campuses and off-site locations
- Commitment to learning & continuous improvement – staying up to date with new technologies and best practices
- Must be very organized and able to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to effectively communicate written and verbal with internal teams and external business partners.
- Self-driven, team-oriented individual.
- Highly resourceful. Ability to get things done, where resources are constrained, and a hands-on or creative approach is needed.
- Possess strong technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- The successful candidate is bright, personable, highly ethical, and thrives in a collaborative environment.
- Good fit with Thermacell values (Absolute Integrity, Can-Do Spirit, Thrilling Consumers, Learn-Grow-Adapt, Work Hard/Play Hard/Stay Humble).
- Strong work ethic (consistent with the brand’s equity and many of the brand’s consumers).
Compensation for this position will include a competitive base salary as well as an annual incentive bonus tied to company and individual performance goals. Benefits for this position will include vacation benefits at a competitive level & 10 paid company holidays. Additionally, a company slow-down period is traditionally offered for one week in between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
We are proud to offer a competitive & valuable benefits package that enables you to protect your health, your family, and your way of life. It includes best in class medical & dental insurance where Thermacell pays for 80% of the premiums; Thermacell also pays for the first half of your medical deductible through our Health Reimbursement Account and provides access to an FSA. Long & Short term Disability & Group Term Life insurance (one times base salary plus bonus up to $250K) is also available at no cost to you. Additionally, you will have access to a plethora of voluntary benefits such as vision, supplemental life, accident, and pet insurance for your furry family members! You can find all details and additional discounts in our benefits guide.
You may start contributing to our 401k after completing 30 days of service and you will be eligible for the annual contribution (equal to 3% of base salary subject to the IRS legal limit) after completing your first year.
WHY WORK HERE?
Fun and casual environment. Disruptive fast-growth company. Thermacell is a consumer products company with a mission to liberate people who love the outdoors from the harmful effects of insects. Thermacell technology delivers game-changing, category-leading mosquito protection that helps users spend more time outside focusing on what matters to them.
Awards given to Thermacell include: Popular Mechanics – Grand Award Winner – Recreation – Best of What’s New 2018 New York Times Wirecutter – The Best Mosquito Control Gear for Your Patio or Yard Outside Magazine – Best Car Camping Gear 2018 Backpacker Magazine – Best Backpacking Accessory 2019 Field & Stream Best of the Best Award Good Housekeeping Research Institute #1 Tabletop Mosquito Repellent– LIV Smart Mosquito Repellent System-CES TWICE Awards 2022-2021 Canadian Tire Digital Excellence Award
Thermacell products can be found at fine retailers throughout North America and in over 35 countries around the world. Examples of our retail partners include Walmart, Amazon.com, REI, Bass Pro Shops, Home Depot, Lowe’s, Canadian Tire, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Academy Sports, Target Stores, CVS, Costco, Sam’s Club and Bed Bath & Beyond. Requirements:
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or 2+yrs equivalent related experience required
- 2+ years supporting Windows environments, AzureAD, O365, Microsoft Teams, Windows 10, QNAP, NAS, cloud, Exchange, Sophos, Kerio, VPN, Dropbox, OneDrive, SharePoint, Carbonite, as well Hosted VoIP services
- 2+ years of application support experience and client interaction
- Good foundation of security best practices, Bitlocker, Windows Global Policies
- Some travel required <10%
Location: Bedford, MA
Job date: Wed, 23 Nov 2022 05:13:31 GMT