Job title: 2nd Shift Manufacturing Line Operator
Company: Thermacell Repellents, In
Job description: Description:
*** 2nd Shift Manufacturing Line Operator***
(TRI) is a privately held company with a mission to liberate people who love the outdoors from the harmful effects of insects. Founded in 1999 and based outside of Boston in Bedford Massachusetts, Thermacell makes the world’s leading spatial mosquito repellent and targeted tick control solutions. Dedicated to delivering the best consumer experience, we have an ever-expanding product line for both adventure and home use. We aim to change the way people repel insects, and through disruptive innovation, strong distribution across multiple retail channels, and a global footprint, our base of users is growing rapidly.
TRI currently employs 125+ full time employees at our 3 locations (Bedford Massachusetts (Corporate), Buford Georgia (Manufacturing) and Buford Georgia (Distribution).
TRI CORE VALUES:
- Can Do Spirit – it’s NEVER ‘someone else’s job’
- Absolute Integrity – the high road is the only road
- Thrilling our Consumers – they are the well spring of our success and they must be delighted with Thermacell every time they use one
- Learn – Grow – Adapt (continuous cycle)
- Work Hard, Play Hard, Stay Humble – earn it every day
Thermacell is currently seeking to grow our manufacturing business and is looking for a highly motivated Manufacturing Line Operator. Manufacturing Line Operators are responsible for performing an array of duties such as receiving and processing incoming orders, picking and filling orders from stock, or packing and shipping orders. This role will report to the Manufacturing Management Team.
WORKING HOURS: Full-Time 3:00pm-11:30 pm (extended hours as needed during season)
WORK LOCATION: 4630 Distribution Parkway, Buford, GA 30519
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Closely adheres to all operating procedures
- Performs Quality Control checks on each package
- Develop centerline and running line standards
- Follow troubleshooting methodologies: Why-Why, 5W+2H, etc.
- Support key performance indicators
- Utilize RF gun/ scanning systems and interact with tracking systems
- Ability to perform change overs and adjust equipment
- Meets company productivity and quality standards.
- Loads and unloads trucks and drive forklift as needed
- Maintains clean work area to ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Manage base production software systems and temporary resources
- Other duties may be assigned.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
· Must be very organized and able to manage multiple priorities.
· Self-driven, team-oriented individual.
· Highly resourceful. Ability to get things done, where resources are constrained, and a hands-on approach is needed.
· Ability to multi-task work under pressure and meet deadlines.
· Possess strong technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
· The successful candidate is bright, personable, highly ethical, and thrives in a collaborative environment.
· Good fit with Thermacell values (Absolute Integrity, Can-Do Spirit, Thrilling Consumers, Learn-Grow-Adapt, Work Hard/Play Hard/Stay Humble).
· Strong work ethic (consistent with the brand’s equity and many of the brand’s consumers).
· Juiced by results and beating competitors (not by title or activities).
· Accountability (owns it and holds others accountable for owning it).
· Resilient (understands that things don’t always go the right way; bounces back).
· Proactive (finds opportunities to add value, doesn’t wait to be asked).
· Even keeled (stays calm and leads through challenging, stressful times).
· Reports to work on a daily basis to meet customer and production goals.
Compensation for this position will include a competitive base salary as well as an annual incentive bonus tied to company and individual performance goals. Benefits for this position will include vacation benefits at a competitive level & 10 paid company holidays.
We are proud to offer a competitive & valuable benefits package that enables you to protect your health, your family, and your way of life. It includes best in class medical & dental insurance where Thermacell pays for 80% of the premiums; Thermacell also pays for the first half of your medical deductible through our Health Reimbursement Account and provides access to an FSA. Long & Short term Disability & Group Term Life insurance (one times base salary plus bonus up to $250K) is also available at no cost to you. 40 hours of sick time is also available on your first day of employment.
Additionally, you will have access to a plethora of voluntary benefits such as vision, supplemental life, accident, and pet insurance for your furry family members! You can find all details and additional discounts in our benefits guide.
You may start contributing to our 401k after completing 30 days of service and you will be eligible for the annual contribution (equal to 3% of base salary subject to the IRS legal limit) after completing your first year.
WHY WORK HERE?
Fun and casual environment. Disruptive fast-growth company. Thermacell is a consumer products company with a mission to liberate people who love the outdoors from the harmful effects of insects. Thermacell technology delivers game-changing, category-leading mosquito protection that helps users spend more time outside focusing on what matters to them.
Awards given to Thermacell include:? Popular Mechanics – Grand Award Winner – Recreation – Best of What’s New 2018 New York Times Wirecutter- The Best Mosquito Control Gear for Your Patio or Yard Outside Magazine – Best Car Camping Gear 2018 Backpacker Magazine – Best Backpacking Accessory 2019 Field & Stream Best of the Best Award Good Housekeeping Research Institute #1 Tabletop Mosquito Repellent – LIV Smart Mosquito Repellent System-CES TWICE Awards 2022.
Thermacell products can be found at fine retailers throughout North America and in over 35 countries around the world. Examples of our retail partners include Walmart, Amazon.com, REI, Bass Pro Shops, Home Depot, Lowe’s, Canadian Tire, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Academy Sports, Target Stores, CVS, Costco, Sam’s Club and Bed Bath & Beyond. Requirements:
- Self-starter and fast-learner, ability to be proactive/plan accordingly
- Ability to manage and deliver multiple simultaneous priorities
- Relentless work ethic
- Thrive in fast-paced, nimble environment
- Motivated by a challenge – hunger for achieving the impossible
- Strong collaboration skills
- Proficient in base Microsoft programs: PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.
- Resourceful, roll up the sleeves, whatever it takes approach
- Impeccable attention to detail
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively across all channels
· Desire to work in a fast-paced, organized and positive warehouse environment.
· 0-1 year manufacturing or similar experience preferred
· Forklift Operator Experience Highly Preferred, in addition to obtaining a License
· Ability to lift 50 lbs
· Ability to stand/walk for 8 to 10 hours
· Ability to read and comprehend customers’ orders, bills of lading, etc.
· Basic math skills
· Capable of passing Forklift license test
· Must be able to work over-time as needed. Overtime may be prior to and/or after scheduled work hours (including weekends).
· Drivers License required
Location: Buford, GA
Job date: Wed, 21 Sep 2022 04:25:50 GMT