Job title: Florida, Testing Assistant, (Contractor)
Job description: Description :
WHO ARE WE?
K12, a Stride Company, believes in Education for ANY ONE. We provide families an online option for a high-quality, personalized education experience. Students can thrive, find their passion, and learn in an environment that encourages discovery at their own pace. In support of this, we are committed to creating and maintaining a culture of inclusion and diversity where our employees are passionate about serving students and families, treat one another and customers with respect, challenge each other to innovate and always strive to do better.
Passionate Educators are needed at the Stride K12 partner school, Florida Cyber Charter Academy. We want you to be a part of our talented team!
The mission of Florida Cyber Charter Academy is to provide an exemplary individualized and engaging educational experience for students by incorporating school and community/family partnerships coupled with a rigorous curriculum along with a data-driven and student-centered instructional model. Student success will be measured by valid and reliable assessment data, parent and student satisfaction, and continued institutional growth within the academic community. Join us!
The Testing Assistant assists the Assessment & Accountability Administrator with all aspects of state-mandated testing and assessment programs for schools within the state of FL.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Researches and secures facilities throughout the state for all in-person testing, works to obtain all compliance documents as necessary;
- Attends Florida specific, K12, and regional trainings and ensures knowledge transfer with appropriate personnel;
- Prepares test materials (both secure and non-secure) for all applicable assessments with supervision;
- Creates test site security plans and assists with Test Administration Plans and documents needed for implementation of the plan;
- Communicates with students and families regarding testing as assigned;
- Is involved in the training of Test Site Coordinators in appropriate procedures for coordinating testing at their location; maintains regular communications with all Test Site Coordinators;
- Develops staffing plans and works with Supervisor to onboard staff for testing;
- Develops communications to parents and staff regarding state and local assessments;
- Works with appropriate staff to update and maintain internal and external Test Management Systems; Maintains testing planning and tracking tools throughout the year;
- Assists with entering student accommodations for Special Education, 504, ELL and general education students into appropriate Test Management Systems.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities and/or duties required; other duties may be assigned.
- Accepts shipments to and assists in shipments out of the school office;
- Assists with all sorting, packing and shipping materials to sites from the school office in Jacksonville;
- Helps maintain Chain of Custody under supervision;
- Regularly inventories, orders and maintains non-secure testing supplies for each administration;
- Travels to each test site to obtain pictures, emergency plans and other compliance documents as needed; maintains relationships with partnered facilities.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree AND
- Two (2) years of experience in test administration/protocols OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
Certificates and Licenses: None required.
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to do occasional moderate lifting 35+ pounds
- Professional experience using Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook; Familiarity with using databases; Web proficiency
- Ability to travel 25% of the time in addition to regular travel expectation (50% of the time) during testing season
- Ability to pass required background check
- This is a remote position.
- Familiarity with state testing
- Current FL educator certification
- Experience teaching in the classroom and administering standardized tests
- Experience with virtual/online education
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is a home-based position. Must live in Florida.
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is “at-will” as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the “at-will” nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.
Stride, Inc. is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status age, or genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job date: Thu, 29 Sep 2022 04:26:18 GMT