Job title: Team Lead Splunk Consultant- ITSI
Job description: Job description
Our Lead Splunk Consultant performs as a “Player – Coach”, responsible primarily for client projects but also sharing ownership for the development of SP6’s Splunk Professional Services staff and practice as a whole – as well as being a key driver of SP6’s Core Values.
SP6’s Splunk Professional Services (PS) Consultants drive solutions to ensure Splunk enterprise deployments make the deepest impact possible across a customer’s organization.
The Lead Splunk Professional Services Consultant will:
- Drive complex deployments of Splunk while working with the customers to solve their unique problems across a variety of use cases
- Leverage previous experiences, share best practices, and create innovative solutions that will maximize customers’ value of Splunk and aid in user adoption
- Knowledge transfer to customers throughout a project lifecycle
- Develop product expertise in Splunk ITSI.
- Develop and continually extend domain expertise in IT Ops.
Technical Team Leadership:
- Act as a coach/mentor/first-line point-of-contact to Splunk PS staff that need technical assistance with training or project work, when less experienced staff may require such assistance
- Act as a Shadow Lead while delivering Splunk PS, whereby less experienced staff shadow on assignments, are given responsibilities which are reviewed and coached and documenting shadow evaluations
- Take action when Splunk PS projects go sideways and require senior involvement
- Review SOWs from sales engineering before their presentation to customers
- Based upon SOW and project reviews, be involved (along with the Services Manager) in the assignment of projects and tasks to the most appropriate PS team member
- Conduct and document technical interviews with potential new SP6 PS hires
- Lead the technical portion of monthly Splunk PS staff conference calls (30 minutes to address any technical issues among staff)
- Perform monthly 1×1’s with assigned Splunk PS staff
- Provide input into annual staff performance reviews/assessments for assigned staff
- Provide active input to team collaboration and questions (i.e., on Slack)
- Contribute knowledge management and artifacts to Confluence
- Assist with the creation of training labs (exercises) in SP6’s internal Splunk lab (AWS)
- Assist with the establishment of training documents that will correspond with our labs and Splunk’s certification process, in order to help develop other SP6 Professional Services staff as they go through Splunk’s Certified Consultant (SCC) / accreditation process
- Attain and keep current with Splunk certifications, including certifications on premium apps, so as to maintain a top-level of expertise with the Splunk platform
- Assist with the guidance of our technical sales and delivery processes and methodologies
- Collaborate with technical presales engineers (SEs) to review SOWs, to ensure that projects are properly scoped and that the SE-to-PS handoff is a smooth one.
- Occasionally perform pre-sales engineering duties on direct-sourced engagements (note: on a longer-term basis, this will be performed by a dedicated technical pre-sales role, but ad hoc assistance may be needed on occasion, based upon specific expertise that may be needed in particular situations)
- Lead with a “customer first” attitude and be an exhibitor of SP6’s Core Values, as an example to other team members
- Minimum 5+ years of Splunk administration, architecture, or consulting experience
- Excellent teaming, coaching, and communication skills
- Actively and regularly engaged in helping other team members (shows a propensity to want to coach/assist/help naturally)
- Timely and thorough in their help and troubleshooting with others
- High customer satisfaction scores and work excellence on assigned projects
- Demonstrates servant leadership
- Demonstrated ability to take on additional workloads while still maintaining high levels of performance and responsiveness (when taking on responsibility for others, it generally adds hours to your day/week
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Recognized as one of North America’s top professional service partners.
- The chance to be part of a winning team and a premier Splunk partner.
- Competitive salary.
- Quarterly Bonus plan.
- 100% employer-paid health insurance (Gold-rated plan).
- 401(k) with company match.
- 30 days of annual paid time off (4 weeks Paid Time Off + Holidays)
- Significant Training and Development and Certification attainment.
- Opportunity for long-term career advancement.
- Your contributions are felt and recognized by our growing company.
- 4 weeks a year of ongoing training per year.
Powered by JazzHR
Location: Clearwater, FL
Job date: Thu, 22 Sep 2022 04:19:49 GMT