Job title: Reality TV: Features Writer
Company: Screen Rant
Job description: Job description
This is a paid freelance, remote position – that means you can work from anywhere, on your own schedule.
Screen Rant is the #1 entertainment website on the web and publishes up-to-the-minute news on blockbuster movies, TV, video games, and comic books. Our editorial team is looking for eager writers to contribute Reality TV Features content under the leadership of the Reality TV Lead Editor. The selected candidates will have tremendous career growth opportunity within the organization. Please note that this role does not involve video production or script writing.
Above all else, we are looking for applicants with a passion for the type of content we cover. Before applying, please visit and review our Reality TV coverage. If you think you belong within our enthusiastic community of pop culture aficionados but have no professional writing experience, we would be more than happy to consider your application nonetheless. We pride ourselves on having a passion-first, experience-second approach to hiring writing talent. In your cover letter, make sure to let us know how your knowledge and love of Reality TV applies to Screen Rant’s content!
- Write a minimum of 5-10 articles per week in Screen Rant’s house style (following the requisite training and peer mentorship period)
- This will include fact checking, formatting, linking, and image sourcing/very basic editing (sizing, brightness, etc.)
- Pitch story ideas when none are readily available
- Remain up to date on upcoming releases and rumours
- Accept and apply any/all feedback received by the editorial team
- Communicate openly and actively with the editorial team
- A passion for the content and a drive to grow within the industry
- Broad knowledge of Reality TV shows, or expert knowledge of the content types listed above
- Quick learner with strong sense of urgency
- Excellent command of the English language
- Ability to write articles free of typos and grammatical errors
- Comfortable working in an entirely virtual environment
Applicants with experience in the following areas will be given favourable consideration:
- Understanding of what it means to write a “Feature”
- Relevant experience in writing and/or editing roles (digital publications, entertainment content)
- Familiarity with WordPress
- Image editing
- Analytics (GA)
What Screen Rant has to offer:
- Open schedule – write as much as you like, whenever you like, from wherever you like!
- Future bonusing opportunities for high contributors of quality articles
- Incredible opportunities for career growth within a supportive system
- An amazing community of like-minded people to nerd-out with on a daily basis
NOTE: Only applications containing a resume and cover letter will be considered. It is essential that you demonstrate your breadth of knowledge of hit Reality TV content in your cover letter. You will not be considered for the role if this information is not included. Please note that the next step in the hiring process involves a writing evaluation.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
Powered by JazzHR
Location: Atlanta, GA
Job date: Sun, 18 Sep 2022 04:42:28 GMT