Job title: Civil Engineer- Project Manager
Company: Pure Power Engineering
Job description: Civil Engineering Manager position whose primary duties will include managing civil, survey and environmental sub consultants for PV projects of varying sizes (C&I, distributed generation and utility scale). Engagement with subconsultants will include design coordination, construction document review, regulatory compliance, zoning review and geotechnical/hydrological study review. Additionally, this position will work with a team of staff design engineers, project managers and engineering consultants to review and design, large commercial and utility solar PV projects.
About Pure Power
Pure Power is an engineering firm specializing in designing big, challenging, and high-profile Solar PV systems. As a full-service engineering firm, we create the electrical and structural drawings and calculation packages for bidding, permits and construction, as well as supporting the lead up to the full engineering drawings, primarily interconnection support and electrical/structural feasibility studies.
Those that join the company have an opportunity to:
· Work in a fast growing, exciting, & innovative industry
· Have a career with purpose and impact on the environment
· Contribute to the best and largest firm in the solar industry with a great reputation built over the past 10 years
· Take pride in the fact that our services really are the best in the industry. There is no fake it until you make it here
- Manage all aspects of civil engineering scope related to each project.
- Evaluate project locations for site suitability, based on the site’s geotechnical conditions, hydrology, topography, and other characteristics relevant to a solar system.
- Support Sales and Project Development Departments by sizing potential customer sites using satellite imagery, publicly available land data, and PV system design experience.
- Provide civil engineering guidance on the design of PV systems including selecting racking/mounting equipment, designing access roads, drainage plans, performing relevant calculations, erosion prevention, and other tasks throughout the design and construction process.
- Prepare and/or evaluates technical specifications for foundation designs and construction site plans from contractors.
- Prepare technical specifications for geotechnical and other related civil studies (Hydrology, SWPP, erosion control, etc.)
- Provide technical guidance to the company regarding best engineering practices to meet site requirements.
- Assist procurement in running RFPs and managing installation, civil, and geotechnical sub-contractors.
- Collaborate with Project Management, Engineers from all disciplines, and construction partners to ensure a well-coordinated, quality design Document completed installations for client as-built drawings for purposes of operations and maintenance.
- Remain up-to-date on new technologies and regulatory conditions including building codes, fire codes, utility requirements, vendor qualifications, industry best practices, safety standards, and relevant standards development.
- Perform planning and design tasks including conceptual layouts, grading, storm water management and underground utilities on a wide range of PV projects
- Hold strong technical skills in survey, stormwater management, hydraulics, hydrological analysis, utility substation design, grading and other site development related designs
- Utilize Civil 3D to design site layouts, earthwork, underground utilities, roadways, natural gas facilities, and solar facilities.
- Knowledgeable with applicable local, county, state, and federal processes, and regulations.
- Coordinate and support the preparation and submission of required permits to comply with federal, state, and local regulations
- Support the development of electrical designs or internal process changes to improve efficiency, quality, or performance
- Inspect facilities or sites to determine if they meet specifications or standards
- Prepare project task budgeting and implementation management
- Collaborate with electrical project team including the project manager, design lead, and CAD designers to ensure company standards and best practices are implemented
- Meet required deadlines while aiming to exceed client expectations
- Survey data processing and database management
Coordinate with Pure Power’s in-house Power Engineering Team
- Coordinate with all internal subject matter experts as required to develop best practices regarding interconnection design support.
- Manage advance engineering staff to produce studies and required interconnection documents.
- Manage our in-house resources that perform detailed interconnection designs.
- Review drawings to ensure compliance with all requirements of the utility and IA.
- Perform and support a variety of interconnection studies with outside utilities
- At handoff, ensure requirements for the design are known by the engineering team.
- Communicate effectively, both written and oral, with project team and management staff
Leadership & Subject Matter Expert
- Elevate the technical capabilities of the organization.
- Contribute to a centralized knowledge base for others in the company to use.
- Bachelors in Civil or Construction, Land Survey or other related fields.
- 5-7 years of experience in site development/ permitting, designing civil projects and producing construction drawing sets and documentation, ideally in the solar power industry
- Interaction with utility and construction teams is preferred
- Significant experience managing site development, roadways and utility systems.
- Demonstrates capability to oversee and manage staff of engineers.
- Experience with Autocad and Civil 3D
- Must have a Professional Engineering license
- Experience with Solar PV design software including: Helioscope, PVSyst, GIS
- Experience with cost estimation of designs
- Experience developing projects at the local, State and Federal level
- Some travel will may be required
- Professional Engineering license.
- MS in civil engineering, or other related discipline.
- NABCEP certification.
- PLS is highly recommended
This position will be based out of our exciting downtown Hoboken, NJ Headquarters with the flexibility to work a hybrid in-office and remote weekly schedule. We are next to public transportation options from NYC and Northern NJ. We also provide a parking spot for the days when an employee wishes to drive to the office and for those that utilize public transportation, we will cover the costs associated with traveling to and from the office.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience. We pay 100% of our employee medical, dental, and vision benefits costs, offer 401K matching, commuter benefit and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Pure Power is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Location: Hoboken, NJ
Job date: Thu, 22 Sep 2022 04:15:42 GMT