Job title: Video Producer/Director
Company: Purdue University
Job description: What You’ll Be Doing:
Video & Multimedia Production Services seeks a highly skilled, creative film/video professional to work with clients across Purdue University’s campus to produce highly dynamic and engaging media content. As the video producer/director you are responsible for coordinating and executing all aspects of video production, including creative development, scriptwriting, producing, directing, shooting, and editing. From concept to completion the video producer/director will work individually and collaboratively using the latest equipment in the field and in our broadcast studio. You will work alongside a team of award-winning creative professionals on a variety of video projects in a fast-paced, and fun environment.
The position is on Purdue University’s West Lafayette, Indiana campus and has a hybrid remote workplace option.
You must include a link to your demo reel on your resume and please identify the duties you performed on each video clip in an attached document. Your application will not be considered without this.
This position is a hybrid position with the opportunity to work one (1) day a week remotely.
What We’re Looking For:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Video/Film, Communication, Multimedia, or a related field
- A minimum of three (3) years of proven film/video experience (professional or freelance) in field and studio production
Skills that look good:
- Expertise in all phases of video production including writing, directing, lighting, shooting, and editing
- Knowledge of operating 4k field camera systems and recording in various formats
- Expertise in Non-Linear Editing software – Adobe Premiere Pro and/or Final Cut Pro
- Knowledge of the Adobe suite of products including, Photoshop and After Effects
- Ability to direct and produce utilizing a 3-camera studio production
- Be able to plan strategically, budget, and manage multiple projects effectively
- Be a team player who is detail-oriented, a self-starter, and can consistently meet deadlines
- Be willing to push oneself creatively and always looking to improve
- All new hires will be expected to follow
- Purdue University will not sponsor employment authorization for this position
- A background check will be required for employment in this position
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible for Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contribution Waiting Period
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply
- Benefit Statement: Purdue University offers a substantial
including medical, dental, and vision insurance as well as a generous paid time off package for sick and vacation days
Job date: Wed, 21 Sep 2022 04:23:40 GMT