Job title: In-Home Safety Services Community Worker
Company: Professional Services Group, Inc.
Job description: Professional Services Group, Inc.
PSG/CIP is a multi-service community-based social services organization that fulfills its mission of helping individuals and families to achieve their greatest potential through dynamic, cost effective and innovative programming responsive to the needs of diverse communities.
The Part-Time In-Home Safety Services Community Worker works with families referred from the CPS and Ongoing Unit to maintain safety in homes where children are at risk for removal. Staff work closely with identified families and address a wide range of concerns including: safety, parenting, household management, nutrition, safe and stable housing, service acquisition, education, employment, medical, mental health and substance abuse issues. In addition, IHSS provides services to youth who have been re-unified with their family after being placed in residential treatment, foster care or treatment foster care.
SALARY: $18.00 per hour
OFFICE LOCATION: Position is based out of the Janesville, Wisconsin office with flexibility to work from home. Hybrid model of time spent at the office/remote, within clients’ homes, and out in the community. Hours are typically Monday-Friday in one of two shifts: 7:00am-3:00pm and 2:00pm-10:00pm.
WHY WORK FOR PSG/CIP?
- Be part of a great team that is passionate and dedicated to making a difference in the community!
- Opportunities for advancement
- Professional development trainings
- Great work-life balance
- Competitive benefits package, including: paid time off and company holidays; health, vision, dental, and life insurance; short and long term disability; 401k and profit sharing.
- Evaluate youth and families for treatment needs and refer to appropriate resources.
- Analyze client situations, capabilities and problems to determine services required to control safety threats.
- Formulate, implement, evaluate and review safety assessments and plans.
- Exercise judgment to intervene as an advocate for clients in emergency and crisis situations.
- Conduct face-to-face contact with families, per program standards, to ensure safety and cooperation with safety plan.
- Safely transport clients as needed.
- Must have at least 60 credits towards a Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Criminal Justice, or other related field.
- Experience working in child welfare is preferred.
- Must have reliable transportation on a daily basis, a valid driver’s license, and automobile insurance.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status
Tags: work from home, WFH, remote work, youth, teen, community, mental health, social services, human services, addiction counseling, supportive, career, treatment, crisis, kids, children, therapy, multilingual, bilingual, behavior, positive, impact, continuing education, development, professional development, college student
Expected salary: $18 per hour
Location: Janesville, WI
Job date: Sun, 18 Sep 2022 04:36:16 GMT