Job title: Mail Carrier – Postal Service
Company: Postal Job Services Co
Job description: Mail Carrier:
Get placed quickly at the US Postal Service and join one of America’s largest, most prestigious, and highest paid work forces.
The average postal worker makes just over $72K a year, with federal benefits, retirement, paid vacations, paid training, and a lifetime of positional and compensation advancement potential.
Starting pay ranges up to $27/hr including federal benefits, plus paid overtime. A high school diploma is NOT required.
There are 4 entry level positions. Each may lead to any position you prefer at the USPS. They include Window Clerk, Mail Handler, Mail Processor and Mail Carrier.
Take advantage of the help provided to ensure you are placed and placed quickly.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Mail Carrier is responsible for sorting mail of all classes in delivery sequence for the assigned area or route.
- The Mail Carrier manages undeliverable mail according to postal regulations and laws.
- The Mail Carrier delivers mail to businesses and residences on an assigned route.
- The Mail Carrier retrieves mail from relay boxes and customer roadside boxes as needed.
- The Mail Carrier tracks deliveries as instructed using a portable electronic scanner.
- The Mail Carrier is responsible for delivering and collecting monies and receipts for custom fees, postage-due and C.O.D items.
- The Mail Carrier is responsible for returning to the post office any mail collected during the assigned route.
- The Mail Carrier provides customers with change of address and other postal forms as required, as well as general postal information.
- The Mail Carrier may perform general clerical duties.
- The Mail Carrier must maintain clean, neat, and professional appearance which includes wearing the approved uniform.
Responsible for collecting and delivering mail by vehicle or on foot in an assigned area or route; maintaining effective public relations with customers; possessing a basic understanding of common postal regulations, laws, products and services; and having a general familiarity of geography in the assigned area.
Must be 18 years old or 16 years old with high school diploma.
Must be US citizen, permanent resident, or citizen of American Samoa or other US territory.
Ability to pass criminal background check, drug screening, and medical assessment.
Must have valid state’s driver’s license, safe driving record, and at least two years of driving experience.
Must be registered with Selective Service (if applicable).
Up to $25.50 per hour paid bi-weekly
Candidates must successfully complete and receive a pass rating of the Virtual Entry Assessment – MC (474) for Mail Carriers. When the candidate is invited to take the assessment, directions will be provided via email.
The Postal Inspection Service conducts a criminal background check by utilizing United States information and data resources only (FBI, fingerprint check, state and county checks). The investigation covers a 5 years inquiry for any location where the candidate lived, was employed, or went to school within the US or its territories.
Candidates are required to be physically able to perform the duties of the position in an efficient manner with or without reasonable accommodation. Duties may include long periods of standing, walking, bending and reaching. Candidates may also handle mail containers weighing up to the maximum allowable mailing weight.
Expected salary: $25.5 per hour
Location: Lynwood, CA
Job date: Wed, 23 Nov 2022 05:12:30 GMT