Job title: Contract Android Developer (remote is CST or EST time zone)
Job description: Contract Android Developer (remote is CST or EST time zone) – 1559
Location: Remote – Must be in CST or EST time zone and located in the U.S.
Employment Type: Contract – Six months with possible extension
Salary Range: $60.00 – $75.00/hr.
Work Authorization: All visas accepted. Client sponsors H1 candidates.
- Responsible for software architecture, design, and implementation of Android mobile apps related to IoT-connected products and other business needs.
- Leverage the latest technologies, tools, and frameworks to create industry-leading consumer experiences that make our products a delight to own and use.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners such as Product Managers, UX Designers, and Engineers to design and deliver a high-quality Android app.
- Build and architect reliable, performant, and scalable mobile applications while developing clean, modular, and reusable code while iterating and shipping rapidly.
- Communicate effectively within a distributed team of developers and quality engineers.
- Participate in the agile development processes, including sprint planning, iterative development, estimations, and design sessions.
- Collaborate with remote team members through code reviews and pairing.
- Readily picks up and applies new concepts, tools, or technologies to all job activities and specific project assignments.
- Communicates effectively, both oral and written, with product development engineers, user experience professionals, quality assurance groups, 3rd party vendors, and senior leadership.
- Proficient in documenting designs and interfaces to facilitate collaborative software development across disciplines and sites.
- A minimum of 5 years of android app development experience is required.
- Must have deep knowledge of Android mobile application development, including Kotlin experience.
- Knowledge of how to develop mobile applications in a secure manner that meet the principles of OWASP.
- Knowledge of source code management using version control and code deployment in different environments.
- Excellent knowledge of software architecture, including experience with offline data storage, cloud synchronization, and mobile app trends and best practices.
- Experience with Agile methodologies to align with business priorities, break down work into Minimum Viable Product (MVP), and iterate quickly on product changes.
- Thorough understanding of structured analysis, design, programming techniques, and change management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or a related discipline is required
- Knowledge in the following technical areas is considered a plus but not required:
- AWS Cloud Services: (AWS IOT, Lambda, Dynamo DB, Cognito)
- Development and implementation experience with Amazon Alexa or the Google Assistant smart home devices
Location: Dallas, TX
Job date: Fri, 23 Sep 2022 04:18:36 GMT