Job title: Assistant Chief Engineer (WTOG-TV/CW44)
Job description: WTOG-TV/CW44, a CBS owned and operated station, has an incredible opportunity for an Assistant Chief Engineer to support and back-up the DBO&E to provide Television Engineering and IT maintenance support. Troubleshooting and administration for IT and SDI based video/audio and automation systems for television at WTOG in a 24x7x365 environment.
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, pay attention to the details, and enjoy the challenges of meeting deadlines then come join our amazing growing team. Come join our amazing team!
- Assist and back-up the DBO&E to provide Television Engineering and IT maintenance support
- Troubleshooting and administration for IT and SDI based video/audio and automation systems for television at WTOG in a 24x7x365 environment
- Manage and administer software deployment. Interface with system users, technicians, engineers and other Technical Maintenance personnel to install, configure, and debug automated broadcast systems applications. Assist Remote Operations and Technical Maintenance personnel in preventing and resolving on-air problems. Develop test routines and monitoring solutions
- Write standard operating procedures. Generate and update system documentation
- Extensive experience required with Microsoft Server 2003, 2008, 2012, Windows 7, 10, and 11 operating systems, VPN & RDP, as well as MAC and IOS
- Proficiency with MS-Office 365
- Ability to assist and back-up the DBO&E with transmitter and studio maintenance and repair
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in IT or broadcast engineering required
- Awareness of RF systems, transmitters, and transmitter controls
- Must be able to oversee and maintain all facets of station properties, to include studio building and tower sites
- Must be detail oriented with ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Strong internal and external written and verbal communication skills
Preferred Education, Experience, and Certification Requirements:
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or other advanced technical or science degree
- Experience with Linux, VMware virtualization, and Amazon Web Services
- Knowledge of SCCM, and Big Fix for managing IT infrastructures
- Awareness of Audio, Video, Control Data, RF, Fiber Optics, and MPEG broadcast distribution systems
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to [email protected] Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.
Paramount believes in creating environments that allow our primary focus to remain on providing entertainment, education and information to our millions of viewers around the world. As part of this commitment to health and safety, Paramount requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees, subject to applicable law. Union employees are subject to the agreement reached between the Company and the applicable Union.
Location: Saint Petersburg, FL
Job date: Wed, 21 Sep 2022 04:26:52 GMT