Job title: Senior Director of Marketing Health Care (Remote)
Job description: Location: Walnut Creek, CA, USA
Req Number: #450
Paradigm is an accountable specialty care management organization focused on improving the lives of people with complex and catastrophic injuries and diagnoses. The company has been a pioneer in value-based care since 1991 and has an exceptional track record of generating the very best outcomes for patients, payers, and providers. Deep clinical expertise is the foundation for every part of Paradigm’s business, including its risk-based clinical solutions, case management services, high-value specialty networks, home health, and payment integrity programs. Paradigm is headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, with offices across the U.S. For more information, please visit www.paradigmcorp.com .
The Senior Director of Marketing leads and manages the development and realization of data-driven marcom strategies for various product lines, including group health care and managed care for workers’ compensation. This position leads the B2B strategy, ideation, and creation of messaging and content-building in alignment with the priorities of the organization for both internal and external audiences—assuring the realization of the marketing business plans through digital strategies, branding, advertising, market research, graphical/textual designs, and reputational presence. Along with the VP of Marketing, the Senior Director works very closely with the Chief Strategy Officer, Chief Networks and Operations Officer, and Chief Medical Officer, as well as leadership in product management, go-to-market sales, client account management, data analytics group, clinical operations, provider networking, clinical managed care team, and other members of the executive team.
- Direct, plan, organize, and implement marketing and communication strategic plans and programs to ensure awareness and growth of products, solutions, and services, including targeting customer segments and cross-functional programs.
- Develop effective, evidence-based marketing strategies, based on knowledge of the industry, clinical, operations, customer segments, strategy, and cost/revenue objectives.
- Elevate the organization’s image and visibility, with an emphasis and concentration on name recognition and brand awareness, and develop marketing communication plans with product owners to drive awareness, both internal and external.
- Working with Product and product owners, evaluate market readiness for new product marketing campaigns.
- Establish and promote value propositions that align with organizational goals and are based on market trends and competitive intelligence to yield a more unified brand.
- Identify marketplace trends and opportunities through partnerships with product owners in order to drive marketing innovation.
- Assess the effectiveness of marketing programs and align core principles of marketing—including content marketing, digital strategies, integrated marketing, and reputation management—to provide consistency of messaging through multiple media and marketing segmentation.
- Analyze marketing performance data to measure campaign effectiveness and apply relevant data to enhance or evolve marketing strategies and drive innovation.
- Develop and deliver effective and engaging presentations to a variety of audiences, including executive leadership, which cover a variety of Marketing strategies, approaches, and topics.
- Mentor and provide marketing consultation to marketing team members to support the career growth of colleagues.
- Develop product marketing campaign budgets and continually monitor performance in relation to goals—implementing changes, if necessary.
- Mentor, train, and supervise team members directly and indirectly, review their work, and provide effective, constructive feedback.
- Ensure all team members understand, are trained in, and comply with, Paradigm’s security requirements and policies.
- Ensure all team members have the minimum level of IT system access required to effectively complete their Paradigm responsibilities.
- Education – Bachelor’s degree required in Mass Communications, Marketing, Journalism, or Public Relations; MBA or MS preferred.
- Experience within the health care industry and marketing attribution analysis are necessary.
- Experience – 15-20 years, plus progressive management experience in health care or insurance marketing. Experience should be well rounded in all aspects of marketing.
- Experience in shared services / matrix organization as well as with a rapidly evolving and complex entrepreneurial type organization.
- Strong ability to educate, guide, influence, and consult executive stakeholders and subject matter experts in strategic marketing programs that will drive and position the brand through the B2B lifecycle while internalizing the messages.
- All around experience with website management including maintenance, design updates, content updates, connection, and management of online marketing solutions that enhance the brand and allow for an ongoing professional web user experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of distribution channels, branding, digital technology trends, customer buying patterns, budgeting, advertising, P&L background, digital marketing, database marketing, and account-based marketing.
- High level of comfort with Microsoft Suite, Pardot, Salesforce, and WordPress.
- Detail-oriented, with proactive communication skills and excellent follow-through and troubleshooting capabilities.
- Experience in B2B marketing, customer development, and channel development.
- Excellent analytical and project management skills – ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions and deal with abstract and concrete variables; demonstrated ability to analyze difficult situations, problems and data; use good judgment and decision-making.
Paradigm believes that fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace is central to our mission of helping more people and transforming lives. We’re striving to build a culture that better reflects the society we live in, and empowers our team to deliver the highest levels of compassion and care to those we serve. For us, achieving this goal requires a workforce that respectfully embraces differences and commits to positive change, creating an environment where everyone is able to bring their whole self to work.
Location: Walnut Creek, CA
Job date: Fri, 30 Sep 2022 04:04:12 GMT