Job title: Scheduling OR Coord
Company: Nuvance Health
Job description: Job Description:
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
Summary: Assumes responsibility for scheduling all surgical procedures and pre-surgical testing appointments to ensure accurate and efficient surgical services are provided according to departmental policies and procedures.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND STANDARDS:
1. Collects pertinent data and assembles schedules according to department scheduling guidelines.
2. Ensures that accurate and timely communication is facilitated and that Surgical Services Department is presented in a positive manner.
3. Coordinates and promotes continuity of patient care through clear communication and harmonious working relationships.
4. Ensures automated and manual records are processed and maintained in an accurate and complete manner.
5. Remains current in clerical practices and procedures utilized by the department.
6. Guest Relations: Demonstrates regard for the dignity and respect of all patients, family members, visitors and hospital personnel as defined in the philosophy of Northern Dutchess Hospital.
Education: Requires high school diploma or equivalent; general knowledge of high school subject matter possibly including sciences, simple medical procedures or terminology or office equipment.
Experience: Requires a minimum of six months and up to one year of experience on this and related jobs in the organization.
Location: Northern Dutchess Hospital
Work Type: Per-Diem
Standard Hours: 0.01
Work Schedule: DAY 7.5
Work Shift: 7a- 3p, Variable
Org Unit: 1421
Department: Operating Room
EOE, including disability/vets.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.
Location: Rhinebeck, NY
Job date: Mon, 19 Sep 2022 04:20:55 GMT