Job title: Freelance Associate SEO Editor -NBC Sports
Job description: Company Description
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an
PLEASE NOTE: This is a project / limited term position with an estimated duration of up to 12 months, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
- Be the driver of SEO for the NBC Sports EDGE brand via NBCSportsEDGE.com and NBC Sports EDGE on YouTube
- Examine and assess headlines, descriptions and written content across site and YouTube for SEO compliance and improve upon them where appropriate
- Closely monitor news and trends for sports, fantasy sports and sports betting, specifically through social media via Tweetdeck
- Exercise editorial judgement to determine if an SEO trend fits our branding and tone of voice
- Publish and populate the site and our YouTube channel with video content
- Assist the rest of the desk in maintaining quality control across NBC Sports EDGE
- Prep the EDGE site, YouTube and Twitch for podcasts and shows
- Learning of and being prepared to be called upon to aid with other responsibilities of the news desk (social media creation/publishing, site banners, mobile alerts, photo uploads, etc.)
- Experience playing and following fantasy sports
- Understanding of and/or experience with sports betting and terminology
- Experience posting to social media accounts on a professional level
- Awareness of social media trends and humor
- Photoshop and Premiere experience a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications, English, Broadcast Journalism or in a relevant field preferred
- 1+ years experience of writing in an editorial/journalistic manner for SEO in a digital content space, with a strong knowledge of AP Style
- Experience working with backend content management systems (CMS) such as WordPress or Drupal
- Familiarity with integrating SEO into YouTube metadata fields
- Background of content publishing on YouTube
- Strong knowledge of sports, fantasy sports and sports betting plus their current trends
- Openness to learn and work in a team environment
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #)
- Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
- Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment
- Must be fully vaccinated upon commencing employment, subject to legally required exemptions
- Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Location: Stamford, CT
Job date: Wed, 21 Sep 2022 04:24:46 GMT