Job title: GSE Closing Analyst (Multifamily)
Company: Merchants Capital Corporation
Job description: Description:
The Merchant’s Capital Government Sponsored Entity (GSE) Closing Analyst operates as an integral part of a specialized, mid-sized mortgage banking firm. As part of a cohesive team, you will focus on preparing and reviewing multi-million-dollar loan package submissions to ensure compliance with Federal National Mortgage Association (Fannie Mae) and Federal Home Loan Mortgage Association (Freddie Mac) guidelines, while assisting with the day-to-day responsibilities of assigned Closing Officers. The GSE Closing Analyst will work with our Production, Underwriting, Servicing, and Asset Management Teams, gaining exposure to all aspects of the loan process within our multifamily business unit. Do you want to join a team where you can experience the creativity and flexibility of a small lender, with all the capabilities of a large institution? If yes, then apply TODAY!
In one year as a GSE Closing Analyst, you will know you were successful if you…
- Successfully supported the Vice President and Head of Closing and associated Closing Officers in processing all assigned multi-million dollar loans
- Carefully reviewed each delivery package prior to submission to ensure accuracy, completeness, and compliance with the Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac guidelines
- Coordinated with Underwriting Team and outside counsel to ensure the timely receipt of loan packages for review prior to receipt by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac
- After loan closings, worked directly with the various Agencies to securitize and provide necessary documentation to finalize the mortgage-backed security to the investor
- Delivered permanent loan files to Servicing and Asset Management Departments
- Tracked and processed various reports and payments and communicated with stakeholders with premier customer service
What we are looking for…
- Bachelor’s degree or two years of real estate lending or closing experience working with large loans (average loan size is $10 million +)
- Experience with the Fannie Mae DUS program, Freddie Mac Program Plus, and Freddie Mac TAH is preferred
- Strong self-sufficiency and attention to detail skills, with the ability to work closely with other internal departments to deliver a loan in a timely manner
- Excellent critical thinking, customer service, and communication skills
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office Suite and databases
Merchants Capital was established in August of 1990 as a mortgage banking firm specializing in multifamily housing and healthcare facilities finance. With extensive experience in these types of finance, the company is a premier provider and servicer of Multifamily, Affordable, Healthcare, and Student Housing. Our mission is simple: to provide the best origination and service of our loan and investment products with exceptional customer service, accuracy, creativity, speed, and conformance to regulations.
Merchants Capital Corp. (MCC) has originated and closed more than $14 billion in financing and now services more than $10 billion. MCC’s primary source of funding is the secondary market of federally chartered agencies and the federal government and tax credit equity investors.
Location: Washington DC
Job date: Tue, 20 Sep 2022 04:11:51 GMT