The Membership Experience Data Specialist is a newly created role to ensure the highest level of data accuracy and integrity.
This position focuses on providing support for data management, descriptive and predictive analysis, quality assurance, and member experience/engagement data.
Primary responsibilities and tasks include utilizing data entry standards, protocols, and policies; conducting data audits; creating reports, dashboards, and data visualizations; managing the electronic distribution of membership renewal notices; and collaborating with team members to understand their data needs.
This position also plays a key role in maintaining the confidentiality and security of member data and contributing to the organization’s overall success by ensuring accurate and reliable data is available for decision-making purposes.
The duties and responsibilities listed are only a summary of the typical functions of the job and not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible responsibilities, tasks, and duties.
Employees must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
Member Experience/Engagement Data Analysis:
· Assists with processing data requests from various departments.
· Communicates data insights and findings to non-technical stakeholders in a clear and understandable manner.
· Develops reports that:
· Analyze member experience data to gain insights into member wants, needs, viewpoints, and experiences with AGB member benefits.
· Monitor overall member engagement and utilization of content, events, services, and publications.
· Evaluate member engagement and experience reports to assess progress towards business objectives.
Data Quality Management:
· Ensures the accuracy and integrity of data by performing thorough audits, validations, and regular data checks and updates.
· Assists with reviewing, analyzing, and transforming large datasets to be imported into the system of record.
· Utilizes queries and reports to verify the completeness of data sets and ensure they meet established quality standards.
· Stays up to date with industry trends and advancements in data auditing and clean-up techniques.
· Assists with maintaining data entry standards and data quality documentation, ensuring they are easily understandable for non-technical users.
· Assists with data cleaning strategies and procedures to improve overall data quality.
· Reviews and analyzes data to identify errors, inconsistencies, and inaccuracies.
· Performs web research to locate and address missing data or to verify data accuracy.
· Collaborates with team members to resolve data discrepancies and address any issues that arise.
· Cleans up data by removing duplicate entries, correcting typos, and standardizing formats.
· Provides support for the membership acquisition and renewal process, which includes producing and distributing invoices and renewal notices, and scheduling electronic mailings.
· Provides data entry support as needed.
· Undergraduate degree or a minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in working with data.
· Previous association membership experience, preferably with a higher education, trade association, or corporate-based membership structure.
· Prior experience with an association management system (AMS) is required.
Experience with Impexium is preferred.
· Ability to identify patterns or trends in data.
· Strong written and oral communication skills, with the ability to present information persuasively to different audiences.
· Ability to effectively and efficiently manage large amounts of data.
· Excellent organizational skills. Must be detail-oriented with strong multi-tasking ability, often with aggressive deadlines.
· Superior service acumen, with behavior and performance that is responsive and ethical.
· Ability to work collaboratively in formal teams and informal working groups, as well as independently in a hybrid (virtual and in-person) environment.
· Moderate to intermediateproficiency in Microsoft Excel is essential for this role.
· Ability to support and emulate values of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging in the workplace.
· Stayup to date with industry trends and best practices related to data quality assurance.
· Ability to quickly adapt to changes in process, procedures, or software systems to ensure seamless workflow.
· Availability for limited travel, as needed.
AGB is an equal opportunity employer and qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Association of Governing Boards of Universities and Colleges (AGB) is the premier organization focused on empowering college, university, and foundation boards to govern with knowledge and confidence.
Governing boards in higher education must focus now more than ever on strategic…