Job title: Staff Accountant
Company: Meetings & Events International Inc
Job description: Description:
Meetings and Events International (MEI) is a meetings and communication company providing expert services and technology solutions for the life science industry. We produce live and virtual educational events for healthcare professionals and patients, with a laser sharp focus on compliance. Our success is a direct reflection of the talented people who make a positive difference for our clients every day. By joining our team, you are helping to provide an experience to our stakeholders that delivers on our promises.
MEI is an established company that is devoted to employee professional development and well-being. We are a company that wants to make our employees the stars that they are. We not only offer a cohesive work environment, we also offer up to 14 holidays, three weeks paid time off the first year (accrual based), 401k with a 4% match and immediate vesting, ESOP (employee stock option plan) medical, dental, vision, disability, life and last but certainly not least, pet insurance!? Our team also enjoys camaraderie, periodic free lunches / snacks, anniversary program, hybrid work schedules, training, wellness challenges, and most importantly, being a part of a great team that knows how to work hard, have fun, and get phenomenal results.
WHAT TO EXPECT – STAFF ACCOUNTANT
This full-time staff accountant position offers a standard schedule of M-F, 8am – 5pm and all the great benefits listed above, including breaks and lunches.
Your first week at MEI will consist of company trainings and beginning to learn our business. This training will be hands on as you learn functions and build up your knowledge of the overall functional areas that impact your role. You will begin working on accounting related tasks to help orient you to the business and overall expectations. Training will be ongoing; however, you’ll be able to work independently just as soon as you feel ready; with the oversight of our head of finance. Your confidence in the business knowledge will increase as you work through various functions and apply them to the overall business.
ADD’L CLARITY ON POSITION
We understand that getting a good picture of a position isn’t always easy. Here is some additional information to provide clarification.
- Bank reconciliation of all cash accounts
- Review, code, and record transactions in general ledger system:
- Sales and Cost of Goods Sold
- Prepaid expenses
- Bi-weekly payroll entries
- Monthly credit card entries
- Monthly accruals
- Managing fixed assets and depreciation
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statement preparation
- Perform interim general ledger reconciliations to maintain integrity of financial information
- Assist with requested analysis and audit
- Prepare financial reports as requested by management to analyze and summarize account trends
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- A positive attitude
- Willingness to learn a new industry
- Energized by a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with repetitive functions
- 2-5 years of advanced knowledge of accounting and financial principles, regulations, and best practices
- Highly organized with keen attention to detail
- Proficient with data analysis, critical thinking and problem-solving
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in basic office and accounting software programs
- Collaboration and teamwork skills
- Ability to multitask while meeting internal and external deadlines
- Working knowledge of MS Access, Salesforce, and QuickBooks Enterprise
WHAT TO EXPECT AFTER YOU APPLY
You should expect to hear back from us within a week. Although we may not always make that timeline, we want you to know that we are taking our time to review all applicants equally. You will typically hear from us via email.?Please be sure to check all accounts, as our emails can sometimes be found in Social or Promotion tabs.
MEI embraces diversity and equal opportunity, and we are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you require accommodation, please contact human resources at [email protected] for assistance.
Pre-Employment Screening: Drug screen and background check required.
Location: Evansville, IN
Job date: Wed, 23 Nov 2022 05:12:30 GMT