Job title: Applications Analyst II
Company: Mass General Brigham
Job description: About Us:
As a not-for-profit organization, Mass General Brigham is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Mass General Brigham supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We’re focused on a people-first culture for our system’s patients and our professional family. That’s why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Mass General Brigham is committed to aligning our employees’ personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development—and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Mass General Brigham values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
General Summary/ Overview:
The Applications Analyst II provides design, development, testing, implementation and ongoing maintenance of new and existing software applications. S/he also provides training and support to end users.
The specifics associated with this role are described in the attached Position Summary.
At Mass General Brigham Digital, we pride ourselves on our ability to create maximum strategic, clinical, and operational value from established and emergent technologies for our patients, care teams, researchers, and employees. Digital health will not only enhance the equity and efficiency of healthcare delivery, but it will also help make medicine more personalized and precise.
We recognize that increasing value and continually improving quality while maintaining an inclusive focus are essential to organizational excellence, and we invite you to join us on this journey. The work we do in Digital is a strategic imperative, and there is a strong and growing understanding of how together we will transform Mass General Brigham in innovative and impactful ways.
Reporting to the Manager of Business Applications in the Information Services department, the Application QA Analyst II is a member of the team responsible for Dana-Farber Cancer Institute’s (DFCI) financial, human capital and supply chain applications. This role works to define test strategies, develop and execute automated/manual test scripts, and help ensure the delivery of robust, high quality product releases for DFCI’s PeopleSoft ERP and UKG Workforce Management platforms. This role will be heavily involved in digital transformation in testing as DFCI moves its business applications to the cloud.
The analyst is responsible for the coordination of resources and execution of test cases in multiple environments as well as documenting test results and defects found during testing. This role will support the team by creating documents and reports to present testing status, acting as liaison between application, technical, and business teams. The analyst will work closely with the team to improve process, plan logistics, and present status to leadership.
This role will represent and contribute heavily across Finance, Human Resources and Supply Chain areas and will have a solid understanding of both the technology and business processes in this domain. Our team emphasizes continuous improvement, customer focus, and excellence in a collaborative environment that empowers the Institute to achieve its business goals.
- Review test objectives with project teams ensure requirements coverage.
- Develop application and integration test scripts, based on functionality design and technical requirements.
- Review application and integration test scripts with project teams to ensure the test scripts meet the test objectives.
- Coordinate the execution of regression, application and integration test scripts and logging of defects according to the processes defined by the project team.
- Work with testing, application, business and other technology teams to isolate and document software issues.
- Work with technical developers to validate interfaces are working properly.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and accurately document interface problems and their probable causes and work closely with technical team to identify, test and implement solutions.
- Communicate status on testing efforts, including metrics such as test execution percent complete and defect/issues logs.
- Complete work assignments in accordance with an established project timeline. Inform manager(s) of issues requiring their direct attention.
- Direct testing kickoff & status meetings throughout the duration of the project and assist in documentation.
- Provide weekly status reports for the duration testing.
- Assist with efforts to improve and expand testing capabilities (automation, requirements traceability, etc.).
- Participate in the planning and facilitation of regression, application and integrated testing.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works closely with end users to document business requirements. Translates those business requirements into functional specifications for the software application.
- Develops and executes test plans and performs other software quality assurance tasks.
- Trains end users on the operation of software applications. Develops end user documentation.
- Provides ongoing support of the software applications by identifying and resolving issues, and escalating as needed for timely resolution.
- Provides high quality, customer-focused services.
- Runs reports, updates tables and performs other tasks associated with the ongoing operation of the software environment.
- Participates in regular team meetings to discuss team activities, issues and updates.
- Uses the Mass General Brigham values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 5+ years of healthcare information technology experience
- A combination of education and experience may be substituted for requirements
- Experience in the development, support or operation of software applications in a healthcare setting
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical staff
- Demonstrated analytic and problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn quickly
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 and other popular office productivity solutions
- No direct reports; may indirectly provide leadership and guidance to less seasoned and new staff
- No direct budgetary responsibility
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by effectively using Mass General Brigham resources
Working Conditions: Describe the conditions in which the work is performed.
- Standard office environment with possible local travel to Mass General Brigham sites. May also require travel for training.
- On-call coverage expected as business needs dictate.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk; or hear; use hands to finger; handle; or feel; reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop; kneel; or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 5 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and depth perception.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Normal office working conditions. The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate.
Location: Boston, MA