Job title: Cyber Security Engineer
Job description: Job Description:
Leidos is seeking a Cyber Security Engineer who is responsible for protecting the customer’s information systems and networks from potential cyber-attacks. The Cyber Security Engineer must display an excellent understanding of technology and utilization of Firewalls (Security Groups), VPNs, Data Loss Prevention (DPS), IDS/IPS, Web-Proxy and Security Audits. Candidates will work directly with Team leads, developers and operations personnel throughout a DevSecOps life cycle both on policy and technical implementation of technologies.
- Plan, implement, manage, monitor, and upgrade security measures for the protections of information systems and networks
- Design, configure, implement, and maintain all security platforms and their associated software, such as firewalls (Security Groups), intrusion detection/intrusion prevention, anti-virus/malware (HBSS), cryptography systems (Vormetric), SIEM (Splunk), , and MDM
- Conduct ongoing assessment of firewall, SIEM, SSL, application control, antivirus, and other network component policies
- Investigate and respond to cyber security incidents (system and/or network breaches, malware attacks) and implement forensic investigations
- Formulate systems and methodologies as well as respond to security related events and assist in remediation efforts
- Participate in the change management process
- Test and identify network and system vulnerabilities
- Manage and review security logs, audit data and taking required actions
- Ensure network security best practices are implemented through auditing: router, switch, firewall configurations, change control, and monitoring
- Provide periodic vulnerability testing, and lead remediation projects
- Coordinate, and monitor log analysis for our managed services offerings, to ensure customer policy and security requirements are met
- Configure and troubleshoot security infrastructure devices and software
- Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks in a consultative role
- Experience with incident detection, incident response and forensics activities
- Experience with implementing and managing Network and Application Firewalls, SIEM (e.g., Splunk), end-point security (IDS/IPS and HBSS)
- Knowledge of networking protocols, such as TCP/IP, LAN/WAN concepts
- Experience with automation (e.g., Ansible, CloudFormation)
- Strong attention to detail with analytical mind outstanding problem-solving skills
- Awareness of Cybersecurity Trends and hacking Techniques.
- Active TS SCI with polygraph.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires BS degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience in order to operate within the scope contemplated by the level. Will consider work experience in lieu of a degree.
- Experience with various security tools and processes such as Splunk, HBSS, IDS/IPS, VPN, Rapid 7, Webinspect, Appdetective
- Experience with scripting languages (Python, Power Shell)
- Experience with Cloud Computing Technologies/Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with Agile Software Development
- AWS Certification
- Experience maintaining virtual private networks, firewalls, web protocols
- Experience with SAFe Agile Framework
- Knowledge of potential attack vectors such as XSS, injection, hijacking and social engineering.Experience with health monitoring tools (Nagios, SolarWinds)
Pay Range: Pay Range $94,250.00 – $145,000.00 – $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Expected salary: $94250 – 195750 per year
Location: Reston, VA
Job date: Sat, 17 Sep 2022 04:21:42 GMT