Job title: Software Developer – Communications Platforms
Job description: Lawyer.com is a leading online service provider to Lawyers and Consumers. We are well positioned in the $200 Billion U.S. legal services market. We manage leading databases and directories with over 2 million lawyers in 60 countries, deliver over 10 million custom emails and text messages each month, operate multiple high volume referral platforms, and handle thousands of calls each day on our communications platform. Our custom communications platform is built on WebRTC technologies for voice and video, websocket technologies for messaging and presence, progressive web apps for mobile usage and other high volume technologies. We are expanding rapidly and offer many opportunities for career growth in our Basking Ridge headquarters. Lawyer.com is funded by World Media Group LLC, a developer and partner in leading Internet and blockchain businesses including Doctor.com, Scientist.com, India.com, Outerspace.com, Sweet.io, Climb and Couple.com. Opportunities exist for stong developers to move across World Media businesses.
We are looking for talented software developers to join out fast growing WebRTC Communications team, and assist us with the expansion of our softphone platform and Lawyerline platform. The ideal candidates should have full stack experience/knowledge in multiple disciplines including front end user interface development, server-side design and programming, and database design. Responsibilities cover the entire development lifecycle — requirements gathering, analysis, architecting, coding, testing and documentation. We require strong problem-solving skills, the ability to diagram and explain complex coding and timing logic, and an understanding of the business reasons behind software applications.
H1B and OPT visa holders are welcome and we pay for visa transfers, extensions and green card applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related majors
- 2+ years full time coding experience
- Solid experience with VOIP technology, Pusher API, Twilio Voice and SMS communication
- Solid experience with back end development, particularly on LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) stack
- Familiar with AWS, Git, and SendGrid
- Experience designing complex software solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team player, fast learner, and ability to manage and mentor junior developers.
- Short commute to Basking Ridge, NJ or will relocate (we provide generous relocation packages).
- Masters Degree in Computer Science
- Experience in and knowledge of the Legal Services market or subscription based e-commerce business
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, Google Studio, and other analytics and reporting platforms
- Knowlwedge of high availability web and database architectures
- Experience with Stripe payment API’s, and evaluating third party API’s
- Experience with Google page speed and mobile responsiveness tools
- Experience with browser extensions
- Experience with testing tools, Browserstack, WebPageTest, EmailonAcid, etc.
- Have used outsourcing platforms including Guru, UpWork, Amazon Mechanical Turk.
- Interest in product design, business operations and management responsibilities
- Complimentary interests (musical instrument, sports, chess, poker, etc.)
- Competitive Base Salary
- Personal performance bonuses and potnetial for significant retention bonuses
- Company wide bonuses – annual and milestone based
- Siignificant stock options grants
- Generous vacation policy including up to 8 weeks Long Service Leave
- Medical, dental and vision healthcare insurance
- Health oriented work environment including sit/stand electric desks and treadmills.
- Fun company events, summer hours, voted a best place to work in NJ
- Subsidized continuing education, offsite training courses.
- Full payment of OPT and H1B visa transfers, extensions and green card applications.
- Open management structure encourages communication and feedback
Expected salary: $80000 – 150000 per year
Location: Basking Ridge, NJ
Job date: Tue, 22 Nov 2022 05:10:29 GMT