Job title: IT System Admin – Sr./Specialist, WA State Office of the Attorney General
Company: State of Washington
Job description: Description
Persons requiring reasonable accommodation in the application process or requiring information in an alternative format may contact . Those with a hearing impairment in need of accommodation are encouraged to contact the Washington Relay Service at 1-800-676-3777 or .
Position and Salary Information:
The Attorney General’s Office is recruiting for a permanent full time IT System Administration – Senior/Specialist in the Information Services Division. This position is located in Tumwater, Washington, and is not union-represented.
IT System Administration – Senior/Specialist Salary Range 07IT: $87,432 – $117,588
The base pay offered will take into account internal equity and may vary depending on the preferred candidate’s job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
The following stipends may apply based on position details:
- Incumbents assigned to our Seattle office location receive an additional 5% King County Location Pay stipend.
- Incumbents assigned to a position designated as requiring dual language skills will receive a 5% Dual Language Requirement Pay stipend.
- Employees within the information technology professional structure who are in the entry, journey, and senior/specialist levels designated as and performing all the duties of a supervisor will receive 5% supervisory pay differential.
Washington State offers one of the most competitive in the nation, including Medical/Dental/Vision for employees & dependent(s); Vacation, Sick, and Other Leave; 11 Paid Holidays per year; Public Employees Retirement System (PERS) plans; and Life Insurance. Beyond these traditional benefits, we offer Dependent Care Assistance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Public Service Loan Forgiveness, Tuition Waiver, Deferred Compensation, Employee Recognition Leave, and more.
Join an agency whose work impacts the lives of every Washington resident
The Attorney General’s Office (AGO) touches the lives of every resident in this state. We serve more than 230 state agencies, boards, commissions, colleges and universities, as well as the Legislature and the Governor. The Office is comprised of nearly 700 attorneys and 800 professional staff, all working together to deliver the highest quality professional legal services to Washington state officials, agencies, and entities. This includes:
- Economic justice and consumer protections (safeguarding consumers, protecting youth, seniors, and other vulnerable populations)
- Social justice and civil rights (addressing discrimination, environmental protection, and veteran and military resources)
- Criminal justice and public safety (investigative and prosecutorial support, financial crimes)
… Our agency also has national reach, representing the State of Washington before the Supreme Court, the Court of Appeals and trial courts in all cases that involve the state’s interest. If you want to make a difference, we may be the perfect fit for you! Learn more about the AGO .
Commitment to Diversity
Diversity is critical to the success of the mission of the AGO. This means recognizing, respecting, and appreciating all cultures and backgrounds– and fostering the inclusion of differences between people. Appreciating, valuing and implementing principles of diversity permits AGO employees to achieve their fullest potential in an inclusive, respectful environment.
One recent measure of the AGO’s commitment to diversity can be found in its nomination for Rainbow Alliance and Inclusion Network’s “Outstanding Agency Award” in 2019. Our commitment to employee wellness is reflected in earning the 2021 Zo8 Washington Wellness Award.
The Information Services Division (ISD) provides support and consulting for legal technologies.
The division is responsible for the development and delivery of AGO computer and telephone network infrastructure and the operation of network hardware and software platforms to provide AGO staff access to their work products and communications. This division has multiple units that provide eDiscovery litigation support, custom software development, business intelligence and data management services. Data security and disaster recovery are key to the maintenance and operations of the AGO’s voice and data systems. The division also ensures compliance with state governance policies and standards, and ensures that all electronic services function properly and securely.
This position is a lead worker in the Systems Operation team and reports to the System Administration Operations Supervisor, and will focus on three primary areas:
- Oversee Identity and Access Management:
- Administration and implementation of secure access controls and identity management solutions, analyzing the solution design to ensure compliance with agency and state standards.
- Manage the Single Sign On (SSO) strategies within the AGO including integration with ADFS/SAML 2.0 standards ongoing management of multifactor authentication (MFA).
- Architecture and System Administration:
- Provide senior-level technical support for implementation of new technology solutions for SaaS applications and conduct security design reviews for cloud-based solutions.
- Consultation and specialized analysis, design, development, installation, maintenance, programming, testing, quality assurance, troubleshooting, and/or problem resolution for critical AGO systems.
- Cloud and Software as a Service (SAAS) services provisioning:
- Provision secure solutions in Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure & 365, State Cloud Services and other SAAS providers.
- Develops, tracks and is responsible for compliance around team-based Service Level Agreements (SLAs) related to availability of assigned applications and platforms.
This systems engineer provides expert technical support as well as technical vision, design, and project leadership while serving as an expert for critical SAAS applications, Microsoft 365, Exchange Online, Azure Active Directory, SharePoint on-premise and Online, Identity Management and Microsoft Azure. The Microsoft 365 environment that this position is responsible for managing is a separate, tenant-level environment.
This position is directly responsible for:
- The systems design, implementation, systems administration, maintenance, performance monitoring, capacity planning, security, and business continuity of key aspects of the cloud services (both private and public cloud) used at the Office of the Attorney General.
- Management of the Microsoft 365 tenant-level architecture.
- Ensuring that technical governance is successful by working with many different stakeholders including other team members within ISD, cloud service providers, business owners across the AGO and with technical teams at other state agencies to be successful in delivering assigned services.
- Leading work assignment and completeness of work performed by the Application System Administration staff in relation to strategic planning, customer service excellence, technical support, and capacity management.
- Ensuring high-availability of Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) software solutions and other cloud-based software as a service (SAAS) applications.
- Serving as Communications Coordinator for incident management for agency wide system outages within assigned areas.
Seven (7) years of consultative, administrative, or supervisory experience in information technology analysis, system maintenance, and troubleshooting/problem resolution experience.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related field.
Additional professional experience may substitute for the educational requirement.
Education to experience equivalency:
- Associate’s degree = 2 years
- Bachelor’s degree = 3 years
Three (3) years of demonstrated history (within the last five years) of systems administration, including experience and knowledge of Microsoft 365 and Exchange Online, in an enterprise environment, which includes change management, service level agreements, and high operational reliability.
Industry certification such as MCP, MCSE, or other rigorous industry qualification, or equivalent demonstrated experience.
The most competitive candidates will possess the following desired qualifications:
- Experience building SAAS/cloud-based applications that perform well, are scalable, and reflect high security.
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving Azure environment performance, connectivity and security issues.
- Advance knowledge in troubleshooting and resolving Azure environment performance, connectivity and security issues.
- Advanced knowledge of DNS, DHCP, Kerberos and Windows Authentication. Knowledge of Network and TCP/IP routing/subnetting. Knowledge of network protocols such as:
In addition to completing the online application, applicants must attach the following documents to their profile in order to be considered for this position:
- A letter of interest, describing your specific qualifications for the position;
- A current resume detailing experience and education.
Read The Following Information Completely:
- Carefully review your application for accuracy, spelling and grammar before submitting.
- You may not reapply to this posting for 60 days.
- The initial screening of applications will be solely based on the contents and completeness of the “work experience” and “education” sections of your application in
, completeness of the application material submitted, and responses to the supplemental questionnaire. * A resume will not substitute for completing the “work experience” section of the application.
- All information may be verified and documentation may be required.
For questions regarding this recruitment or assistance with the application process, please contact Judith Vandergeest at (360) 586-7691 or .
If you are having technical difficulties creating, accessing or completing your application, please call NEOGOV toll-free at (855) 524-5627 or .
This recruitment may be used to fill other positions of the same job classification across the agency. Once all the position(s) from the recruitment announcement are filled, the recruitment may only be used to fill additional open positions for the next sixty (60) days.
Expected salary: $87432 – 117588 per year
Location: Thurston County, WA – Tumwater, WA
Job date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 05:11:55 GMT