Job title: Team Lead-Laboratory Assistant, Phlebotomy SE Beltways (FT-Day)
Company: Indiana University Health
Job description: Job Description:
Indiana University Health is Indiana’s most comprehensive health system, with 16 hospitals and more than 34,000 team members serving Hoosiers across the state. We’re looking for team members who are inspired by challenging and meaningful work for the good of every patient. People who are compassionate and serve with a purpose. People who aspire to excellence every day.
The laboratories of IU Health offer some of the most comprehensive laboratory services in Indiana! Open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, the laboratories perform more than 19 million tests a year. In addition to IU Health, laboratory testing services are provided to hospitals and physicians across the country.
The Lab Assistant Team Lead at the LAB leads the laboratory team in the coordination of general laboratory services including specimen collection, blood component preparation, pre-analytic processing of specimens, waived testing and moderate complexity testing as well as clerical tasks. Lead Lab Assistant will spend approximately 25% as ad hoc leader. The incumbent may be responsible for patient and specimen registration and delivery of specimens.
- Requires HS Grad or GED Equivalent.
- Associates Degree in Medical Laboratory Technology or related science preferred.
- Requires successfully completion of an initial and six (6) month competency for identified testing.
- Requires successfully completion an annual competency assessment for identified testing. Requires a minimum of one (1) year experience in a laboratory setting; two (2) years of experience preferred.
- Requires working knowledge of computers.
- Requires excellent telephone skills.
- Requires strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team member and leader.
- Requires ability to perform repetitive tasks for prolonged periods of time.
- Requires complex problem-solving skills with ability to discern when to escalate.
- May serve on appropriate committees or projects that contribute to the overall purpose and essential functions of the department.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
- Indiana University Health has more than 34,000 team members, including more than 3,600 physicians and 1,200 advanced practice providers, and we’re home to the largest nursing network in Indiana with more than 9,000 nursing team members at over 800 sites of care.
- Indiana University Health is Indiana’s most comprehensive healthcare system with hospitals and specialties ranked among the nation’s best by U.S. News & World Report.
- A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine – one of the nation’s largest medical schools – gives patients access to groundbreaking research and innovative treatments, and it offers team members access to the latest science and the very best training – advancing healthcare for all.
- With 16 hospitals, including eight with Magnet designation and five with Pathways to Excellence designation, our team members are leading the way through excellence.
- At Indiana University Health, your personal and professional growth is a top priority. You will have access to many diverse opportunities to learn and develop in meaningful ways that matter most to you, such as advanced clinical training, leadership development, promotion opportunities and cross training development.
- Indiana University Health is invested in the lives of Hoosiers, leading the transformation of healthcare to make Indiana one of the nation’s healthiest states.
About the Team: Indiana University Health is Indiana’s most comprehensive health system, with 16 hospitals and more than 34,000 team members serving Hoosiers across the state. We’re looking for team members who are inspired by challenging and meaningful work for the good of every patient. People who are compassionate and serve with a purpose. People who aspire to excellence every day.
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Job date: Sat, 17 Sep 2022 04:25:49 GMT