Job title: Foreperson – Utility Pole Inspection – Midwest Region – GOS
Company: Grid One Solutions
Job description: Job Title: Foreperson – Utility Pole Inspection – Midwest Region – GOS
As a utility pole inspection foreperson, you’ll lead a crew of field workers in providing routine maintenance and remedial treatment of wood poles used to carry power lines and other above-ground utility lines. You’ll also gain experience identifying any decay or defects with poles and overseeing crews as they replace defective utility poles.
We provide Paid On-The-Job Training, Hotel Accommodations, Per-Diem, Performance incentives, transportation from starting point to remote locations, and much more. PPE provided, including Hardhat, Safety Vest, Safety glasses, work gloves, etc. You ll be required to provide acceptable workwear and good work boots with a hard toe.
If you are interested in starting a career in the Electric, Gas, and Water Utility industry, Grid One Solutions is the right place for you!
With headquarters in Media, Pennsylvania, Grid One has deployment facilities across the United States and parts of Canada. Grid One is part of UtiliCon Solutions, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Asplundh, a major supplier of outsourced field services to utilities and municipalities. Asplundh is a privately-held company, founded in 1928, which currently employs over 33,000 people in the U.S., Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.
Job Type: Full-Time +, Non-Exempt
- Competitive, Hourly + Performance Driven Incentives
- Per Diem offered based on travel criteria
- Company Sponsored Retirement Plan
- Health Insurance (Medical/Dental/Vision)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life, long-term/short-term disability insurance
- Vacation Time
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Hiring, training, managing and supervising a crew of 1 to 5 people.
- Maintain all tools, vehicles, and equipment.
- Achieve expected safety, quality, and production goals.
- Collect field data and maintain daily and weekly reports.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Computer and smartphone literate
- Ability to read maps and navigate in congested areas.
- Independently manage time and workload to meet deadlines.
- Mechanically inclined and has experience with a variety of tools.
- This is a minimum 40-hour workweek with Saturdays considered inclement weather make-up days.
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
- Experience with Wooden pole inspection preferred but not required.
- Upon offer, employees may be required to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen, background, and/or MVR check.
License & Certifications:
- Driver’s License Required.
- Willing to travel locally, statewide, and regionally as needed. Overnight stays will be necessary (Paid hotel accommodations provided by the employer along with a per-diem).
- Must be willing to travel for up to 8 weeks to complete the initial required training as needed and based on experience.
- RARE (less than 10%): squatting, depth-perception, color-vision, crawling, pushing, pulling, seeing distant, climbing ladders, balancing, gripping
- OCCASIONAL (up to 33%): stooping, kneeling, squatting, body-twisting, sense-of-touch, manual-dexterity, lifting up to 10 lbs., lifting up to 50 lbs., lifting over 10 lbs. to 50 lbs., climbing stairs, carrying, lifting, range-of-motion, reaching
- FREQUENT (up to 66%): standing, walking, sitting
- CONTINUOUS (up to 100%): seeing, reading, hearing-speech-range, speaking clearly
Grid One Solutions specializes in AMI deployments for electric, gas, and water utilities. In addition to smart grid implementation services for in-home displays and load control devices, Grid One performs meter reading, customer call center operations, field service work, joint use attachment surveys, storm support services, NESC clearance audits and utility asset inspections, construction and contractor management services, pole maintenance, pole restoration/reinforcement, infrared inspection, utility pole asset management solution, field system integrity surveys, gas meter corrosion mitigation and lead testing, and back-office services including secure data transfer and storage. In February 2012, Utility Meter Services, Inc. merged with Grid One, almost doubling the size of its operations in North America.
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation. Individuals with a disability who desire a reasonable accommodation should contact the ADA Coordinator at 1-800-248-8733, ext. 1339.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Location: Fond du Lac, WI