Job title: Software Engineering Intern, MS, Summer 2023
Job description: Please complete your application before December 2nd, 2022.
Participation in the internship program requires that you are located in the United States for the duration of the internship program.
This internship is intended for students who are pursuing a Master’s degree program in Computer Science or a related field with an anticipated graduation date on or after December 2023, depending on their program and unique circumstances.
To start the application process, you will need an updated CV or resume and a current unofficial or official transcript in English. Click on the “Apply” button on this page and provide the required materials in the appropriate sections (PDFs preferred):
- 1. In the “Resume Section:” attach an updated CV or resume.
- 2. In the “Education Section:” attach a current or recent unofficial or official transcript in English.
- Under “Degree Status,” select “Now attending” to upload a transcript.
This role may also be located in our Playa Vista, CA campus.
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: Mountain View, CA, USA; Ann Arbor, MI, USA; Atlanta, GA, USA; Austin, TX, USA; Cambridge, MA, USA; Bellevue, WA, USA; Chapel Hill, NC, USA; Irvine, CA, USA; Kirkland, WA, USA; Los Angeles, CA, USA; Madison, WI, USA; Boulder, CO, USA; Chicago, IL, USA; Palo Alto, CA, USA; Portland, OR, USA; Pittsburgh, PA, USA; Raleigh, NC, USA; Durham, NC, USA; Reston, VA, USA; Redmond, WA, USA; Redwood City, CA, USA; San Diego, CA, USA; San Bruno, CA, USA; Seattle, WA, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA; San Jose, CA, USA; Sunnyvale, CA, USA; Washington D.C., DC, USA; Santa Cruz, CA, USA; Goleta, CA, USA.
Remote location(s): United States.
- Pursuing a Master’s degree program or post secondary or training experience with a focus on subjects in software development or other technical related field.
- Experience in Software Development and coding in a general purpose programming language.
- Currently attending a degree program in the US and available to work full time for a minimum of 12 weeks outside of university term time.
- Anticipated graduation by December 2023 or returning to a degree program after completion of the internship.
- Experience with data structures or algorithms.
- Experience with web application development, Unix/Linux environments, mobile application development, distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, information retrieval, natural language processing, networking, developing large software systems, or security software development.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently.
About the job
Join us for a 12-14 week paid internship that offers personal and professional development, an executive speaker series, and community-building. The Software Engineering Internship program will give you an opportunity to work on complex computer science solutions, develop scalable, distributed software systems, and also collaborate on multitudes of smaller projects that have universal appeal.
We offer a range of internships in either Software Engineering or Site-Reliability Engineering across North America, including the US and Canada. Our recruitment team will determine where you fit best based on your resume.
Software Engineering Intern:
As a key member of a versatile team, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs. We need our engineers to be versatile in addressing new problems as we continue to push technology forward. You will design, test, deploy and maintain software solutions as you grow and evolve during your internship.
Site Reliability Intern:
Our engineers create, fix, extend and scale the code to keep it working and to harden it against all the bad actors of the internet. We drive reliability and performance on a massive scale. You will work on software development projects to keep important business growth-critical systems up and running, from code-level troubleshooting of traffic anomalies to maintenance of our services, from monitoring and alerts to building automation infrastructure.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to address some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
(Colorado only*) Minimum full-time salary of $77,000 Please reach out to [email protected] for non-salary compensation information.. *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
- Create and support a productive and innovative team, including working with peers, managers, and teams.
- Develop scripts to automate routine tasks.
- Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution to effectively solve problems.
- Apply knowledge gained in computer science courses to real world problems.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also and If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our .
Location: Madison, WI
Job date: Wed, 21 Sep 2022 04:12:26 GMT